Vortex Diamondback HD 12x50 vs Leupold BX-2 Alpine 12x52

ChrisAU

WKR
Looking for a 12x50ish Bino for whitetail hunting long powerlines and big fields. Trying to stay under $300, anyone used both of these? Or have an alternative to suggest?

ncstewart

WKR
I would go used razors or vipers personally. I prefer 8s for whitetails and the best glass I can afford. I really liked the meopta meostar 10s but I always have to try something new. And very happy with 8 razors. 12s are very hard to handhold for me. I definitely like the 12 on tripod out west but without a tripod no thanks for me. Just my opinion.
I bought my razor 8s for $400. Body was rough but glass was fine. Sent back to vortex and had them serviced. Good as new. That over 300 I know but vipers should be around that price and they will be better than diamondbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Just looking for something to help distinguish slick heads from button bucks in full daylight once I have already seen them. Not trying to pick deer out of brush or look long distances.

ncstewart

WKR
In that case 12 diamondbacks will be fine I’m sure if you can handhold them. I would still go 10 tho cause you not gonna see bumps on a deers head at 400 yards plus anyway. You gonna be looking for body type and length of face to tell if it’s a button or doe.

Last edited:

ncstewart

WKR
Vortex diamondback 10 go on sell pretty often for like 150