Vortex Diamondback Quality for .22 Hunting

Ordered a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 rimfire for a Ruger 10/22. Hoping to make this a squirrel buster.

Is the glass serviceable in the Diamondback series? Low light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
General RE LEE
I was going to get a standard scope and wanted the closer parallax correction at 50 yards bs laying a lot more for adjustable parallax focus.

Rob5589

WKR
You'll be fine. One of my favorite scopes is a Vortex (I think Crossfire) that has a fine crosshair, which I don't believe they produce any longer. It's on a .17 HMR, the fine reticle is great for head shots on squirrel and other small critters.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Ordered a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 rimfire for a Ruger 10/22. Hoping to make this a squirrel buster.

Is the glass serviceable in the Diamondback series? Low light?

For the application you described the Diamondback 2-7x35 Rimfire is perfect! One recommendation I would have though is to make sure you have a 1-piece rail on your Ruger 10/22. The Diamondback does have shorter eye relief, so in order to get that set properly it is extremely beneficial to have a 1-piece rail/base.

OP
General RE LEE
For the application you described the Diamondback 2-7x35 Rimfire is perfect! One recommendation I would have though is to make sure you have a 1-piece rail on your Ruger 10/22. The Diamondback does have shorter eye relief, so in order to get that set properly it is extremely beneficial to have a 1-piece rail/base.

I was going to install the one piece weaver rail that was provided.

Anozira

WKR
I put a normal diamondback scope on a Savage .22 and wish I had gone with the rimfire version. For close shots the paralax like you mention is not ideal. I think you made a good choice.

pc3

WKR
It will be great for said purpose. I have a couple of Vortex gen 1 pst 2.5-10x32's on a couple of rimfires and they do the job. That scope you have will too.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04