Vortex diamondback

jalire01

FNG
Looking for a vortex diamondback scope 4-14x40 with dead hold.

Any opinions or better options? It will go on my 270 to replace the stock scope.

Just depends what your looking for and the money you want to spend. If your looking for a point and shoot scope, diamond is fine. Other than that, I’d spend more money.

OP
J

jalire01

FNG
Just depends what your looking for and the money you want to spend. If your looking for a point and shoot scope, diamond is fine. Other than that, I’d spend more money.
I looked at that one a little more and it's definitely to cheap. Might go with the viper. Thank you!

For right around the same amount of money, you might consider the Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42. I have the 3-9x40 version and I think it's noticeably better than my Diamondback 4-12x40.

EdP

WKR
I would not go any higher than 12X with a Dead Hold (or BDC style) reticle, and 9 or 10 would be fine. Consider that you will be at max magnification when using the reticle subtensions for hold over and will have a reduced field of view with increased magnification.

Also, there are other choices in a moderate price range such as the Viper, Leupold Freedom, Trijicon Huron, and some others that would serve you better.