Vortex dump

EdP

WKR
It makes no sense to me to get rid of Vortex products made in Japan or the Phillippines just because the new ones are mfg in China. It does make sense to me to avoid buying products made in China as much as possible for a variety of reasons.

nobody

WKR
Many of us don't care if China can produce quality. Hell, as much of our intellectual property as they have stolen, they ought to be damn good. Many people avoid "Made in China" where there are reasonable options, because China is an enemy in many ways. Frankly, I don't get what's so hard to understand about that.
Nothing hard to understand, just stating that leupold isn’t fundamentally any different in that regard.

I actually feel leupold is more dishonest than most companies about country of origin. Their “Designed, Machined, Assembled in the USA” moniker on their scopes is a clever way to get around berry compliance without TECHNICALLY lying but also while pulling the wool over the eyes of their buyers. A VX3 or 2 or 1 is as “made in China” as any other mass produced optic, even though it’s “Designed, Machined, Assembled in the USA”. All the technology is Chinese and a majority of the components are Chinese, they just don’t technically want to lie to you about it, but also don’t want to technically be truthful.

I’m just trying to tell the OP that leupold isn’t any better than the next big company when it comes to country of origin, they are just much more ambiguous about it. Which I have a problem with, because it feels shady and deceitful. That’s all I’m saying. Sorry for the confusion, I actually feel like you and I are saying the same thing, I’m just not very eloquent. Sorry Sir!

Over on OpticsPlanet I scored on a deal where the box from the manufacturer came with BOTH a Burris 3-15x50mm Veracity FFP AND a 4-14-x44mm FullField E2 SFP scope in it. Was something like $650 or $700 I think? And the glass is nice!
I bought the same deal however Optics Planet sold me the combo OUT OF STOCK.
'Thanks....Any idea when I will get it?....No...Not really.....'

I agree, I asked the same question on many forums, why is everyone getting rid of there Vortex GEN III if they are supposed be hot lick. Goes they aren't. I stayed away. Sticking with ZCO.

What? Vortex is junk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, overhyped. Why do you think they discount them so much, do they have there place to some, sure, but after you have had one or two and then you look through really good glass, your like WOW!

Its usage and scope specific. Do you consider bushnell a higher end brand? Cause their xrs2 and now the xrs3 are awesome. Vortex gen3 are pushing alpha class

If you want to spend money: Tangent theta, zco, blazer, march, and S&B should be a good start.
Agree, TT, ZCO and MARCH, solid performers.