Vortex Fury Rangefinding Binoculars

svivian

WKR
Leupold and Nikon also have one coming out in the same price range. If vortex fixes the quality control on their rangefinders they should be decent for the money. But with viper glass I can't justify spending $1200 on $400 glass with a rangefinder that could be unreliable.

dotman

WKR
Guys that looked through the Vortex at Shot Show were not impressed, most preferred the new Nikon.

OP
carter33

carter33

WKR
I believe the Nikon being mentioned is the new LaserForce, seems very comparable to the vortex, link below:

LaserForce 10x42 from Nikon

After a quick search I was unable to find any info on new leupold rangefinding binos coming out, does anyone have any more info or a product name?

Thanks.

GKPrice

Banned
Leupold tried RF binocular years ago, "OK" but nowhere near what is possible today (first generation Leica Geovid was nothin' to write about either but I'd not be without 10x42 for anything now) just have to wait and see - you asked for opinions ? I'd take "anything" Nikon over Vortex

mrgreen

WKR
Unless I'm mistaken, the Vortex Lifetime Warranty includes the electronics. Looking at Nikon, they warranty Rangefinders for 2 years. For my use that puts the edge to Vortex.
I think if I were using my Binos to glass longer distances, I'd use better optics with a separate rangefinder. For Whitetail hunting, having them combined requires a lot less movement before I draw my bow.

Nikon's warranty might be confusing but it's lifetime even including the electronics on the LaserForce