Vortex Glasspak harness mod

BuddyS

FNG
I purchased a pair of Vortex binos recently and they came with the glasspak harness. I know a lot of people have harnesses they prefer over this one but I only had one complaint about it...so far...

I wanted to be able to remove and install the straps on the case easier. The bottom has clips and the top had to be fed through the ladder lock buckle. So what I did was bought 2 adjustable “G Hooks” for 25mm (or ~1”) webbing. There seems to be a couple different styles, sizes, and terms for them. Just make sure it’s for the proper size webbing and that they have two slots for the webbing to feed through so it’s adjustable.

All you have to do is cut the plastic ladder lock buckles off of the case. You can even leave them on to make sure you like the mod. Now you can remove and reattach the straps in a fraction of the time for only a few dollars (or less). Check Amazon and EBay for the 25mm adjustable G Hooks.

cbcc19f836577cc9e96b85421490fc93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
Good idea. I keep a cheaper set of vortex bino in my truck. This will be a great mod for them.

mikey

FNG
ha just the other day was frustate-edly shoving the straps into the pocket for storage...

ordering those g-hooks now. thanks man!

I purchased a pair of Vortex binos recently and they came with the glasspak harness. I know a lot of people have harnesses they prefer over this one but I only had one complaint about it...so far...

I wanted to be able to remove and install the straps on the case easier. The bottom has clips and the top had to be fed through the ladder lock buckle. So what I did was bought 2 adjustable “G Hooks” for 25mm (or ~1”) webbing. There seems to be a couple different styles, sizes, and terms for them. Just make sure it’s for the proper size webbing and that they have two slots for the webbing to feed through so it’s adjustable.

All you have to do is cut the plastic ladder lock buckles off of the case. You can even leave them on to make sure you like the mod. Now you can remove and reattach the straps in a fraction of the time for only a few dollars (or less). Check Amazon and EBay for the 25mm adjustable G Hooks.

cbcc19f836577cc9e96b85421490fc93.jpg

i like it thanks

onebuck

FNG
Just curious, what was the reason for this mod? My only complaint on the glass pack is the side pouches on mine got tore up from brush or from me stuffing too much random gear in them.

OP
B

BuddyS

FNG
Just curious, what was the reason for this mod? My only complaint on the glass pack is the side pouches on mine got tore up from brush or from me stuffing too much random gear in them.

If I want to keep them protected in a pack/truck but not have to fool with the straps.