Vortex HD LHT

prm

WKR
Anyone with connections to Vortex that can comment on this scope? The eyepiece and windage cap are very similar to my Current HD LH. Appears to be 30mm.

edit: the pic comes from Instagram.

8903C96B-9B7F-44B0-AD14-FA896798A7BE.jpeg

Last edited:

Dcrafton

WKR
Anyone with connections to Vortex that can comment on this scope? The eyepiece and windage cap are very similar to my Current HD LH. Appears to be 30mm.

edit: the pic comes from Instagram.

View attachment 155096

Not sure on the scope pictured,
But while at the show (vortex booth) they said in a few weeks a new scope would be coming out.
3-15x44 30mm razor for about $1000.
He said it was to compete with the VX5hd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
prm

prm

WKR
That could be it. Thanks for sharing. I have a 1.5-8 HD LH and really like it. If they made a robust 30mm that was still reasonably light I would be interested.

Dcrafton

WKR
They did say it is a 30 mm tube and lighter than the other razors

Last edited:
Reactions: prm

fishbeafraid

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure on the scope pictured,
But while at the show (vortex booth) they said in a few weeks a new scope would be coming out.
3-15x44 30mm razor for about $1000.
He said it was to compete with the VX5hd

Interesting... Two different people at their booth at the Western Hunt Expo on Thursday claimed they knew nothing of any changes to or new models of the Razor LH scopes. I'd say they blew a bunch of smoke up my ass.

Tahoe1305

WKR
If they can put the glass from HD LH and put VX-5/6ish dials on them and 30mm tubes and keep them under 18oz they’d be a winner (2-3 oz weight gain). Other than that I’m not sure they’d compete with the VX line.

Those “look” heftier though, I’m guessing 22-24oz minimum (pure guess I know nada).

OP
prm

prm

WKR
Pretty sure that’s my screen shot from 24hourcampfire....but yeah I’m hoping it is what it looks like.

I just got a screen capture from my Instagram. But I got the idea from someone at 24hr, Schaff I believe.

I‘m definitely intrigued at least. If it’s yet another heavy, fine reticle, long range scope I’m out. But if it’s a robust design, with a reticle that can be used in the dark timber at first/last light on a wet, overcast day, and stays under 17ish oz, I’ll look into one.

Last edited:
Ive seen from a respectable source on another forum that there is a good glass lightweight option on the horizon.. im hoping this is it.

hit me with a middle magnification range, a exposed elevation turret with reliability at that price range and its a go, my rifle is eta May so should be perfect...

Im more than willing to go up to 24-25 ounces if I can trust it to track.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
Looking forward to seeing more info on this scope. I was hoping they’d update the razor hd lh lineup with a better turret and more travel. Was disappointed after shot show that they didn’t have anything along those lines. Hopefully we will get some info and specs from vortex sooner rather than later.

Reactions: prm

OutdoorAg

WKR
Ive seen from a respectable source on another forum that there is a good glass lightweight option on the horizon.. im hoping this is it.

hit me with a middle magnification range, a exposed elevation turret with reliability at that price range and its a go, my rifle is eta May so should be perfect...

Im more than willing to go up to 24-25 ounces if I can trust it to track.

IMO, this already exists in the LRHS/LRTS.It’s a proven scope. And this is what Vortex will have to live up to.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
The LRHS/LRTS are nice scopes, no doubt, just way too heavy for my preference. I tried one on my 84M and on my Fieldcraft and never liked them. Too big, too heavy...

edit: to add, for those looking to dial for long range, or okay with 20+ oz scopes, there are a multitude of scopes to choose from. It’s us 500 yd max shooters looking for a durable scope that is also relatively light weight, and has a functional reticle for dark timber hunting that have limited options. I’d also prefer no illumination. A good reticle and decent glass works fine, as Vortex demonstrated with their 1.5-8x32 HD LH.

Last edited: