Vortex HD LHT

anethema

FNG
It is shipping and darklordofoptics has had one for 6+ months to review. I have one on the way.

Interesting, I will have to look through one to see how fine it is at minimum magnification. Most of my hunting is 100-200 yards but I take 400 yard shots about 1/3 the time, so need both min and max zoom to be pretty usable.

Interesting, I will have to look through one to see how fine it is at minimum magnification. Most of my hunting is 100-200 yards but I take 400 yard shots about 1/3 the time, so need both min and max zoom to be pretty usable.
He did another shorter video more recently looking thru the scope throughout the magnification range. It is pretty useable at 4.5x and the reticle graduations you can read and begin to use at 10-12x. The reticle fills out the scope at 18x and at max 22x, you can't see the outermost holdovers.

pc3

WKR
Besides magnification how do people think the LHT 3-15x42 compares to the NXS 2.5-10x42 in a lighter weight hunting configuration ? You lose some magnification with the NXS....but how much durability do you lose going with the vortex ?

JAM7

FNG
I have 2 and like them. So far so good.

Also a good time to buy one. Liberty Optics has them on sale for $699 right now.
Any sales like this still going on? Best deal I can find is $999 at meateater, with a $100 first lite gift card thrown in.

Any sales like this still going on? Best deal I can find is $999 at meateater, with a $100 first lite gift card thrown in.
Folks can spend scores of man hours scouting the internet to find the best price on an item. Yet many won’t spend 5 minutes to actually make a call to ask for the best price.

Call Doug at CameraLand.

Call some other optics-related companies that come pop up when searching for “buy vortex lht online” in your favorite search engine.

Dhbwa

WKR
Folks can spend scores of man hours scouting the internet to find the best price on an item. Yet many won’t spend 5 minutes to actually make a call to ask for the best price.

Call Doug at CameraLand.

Call some other optics-related companies that come pop up when searching for “buy vortex lht online” in your favorite search engine.
Good advice in general but Doug doesn’t carry Vortex……

Call Doug at CameraLand.

Yeah? Did you buy one from Doug?

Lmao

Yeah? Did you buy one from Doug?

Lmao
I’ve bought optics from Doug. I’ve bought optics from other retailers as well. I’ve saved money every time I called various optics retailers.

My best optics deal was saving over $1000 on my STX purchase by making one phone call. So go ahead and laugh your ass off.

DPReef

FNG
Used my Razor HD 3-15x42 and it was lacking at last light compared to a 10x42 set of Zeiss binoculars (which is an unfair comparison) for point counting on whitetail out at 150-200 yards. Eyebox was just not as easy to get to as my Z5 3-18x44.

I will be selling my Razor to go with either a Z5 or Zeiss scope for low light Texas hunting where I'm often counting points at low light. I think that few extra zoom factors can make a difference that I believe I will get with another scope. With that said I don't know for sure, anyone have comments?

I don't need more than 500 yards of turret clicking so increased MOA isn't needed for me.