Vortex HD LHT

After watching YouTube you are correct ‘hunters’ don’t seem to be practicing but by god they are still shooting. I’ll take average optics and solid guts every time for practicing and hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain't that the truth... Ive been watching more lately and I'm blown away on what's out there...

Not to sidetrack to much. Just ordered one of these scopes. Cant believe it as ive previously sworn off vortex but dang, on paper it just sounds too good. Too good to be true?

I sold mine, I have some other projects that took forefront. Notably doing load development on a big magnum that I won’t mind the extra weight of an old tried and true:) when I boxed it up I considered I may regret it. Impressed with that little scope, I’ll likely own another when it fits a need I have.

gearguywb

WKR
I put the 42mm version on a 300 this last week. Spent a day at the range and so far, really liking it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Any more reviews/updates??? How are these holding up??? Are they looking like a viable option or a liability like other vortex stuff???

I have a rifle that needs a scope and I sort of want to try the mil reticle on this scope but still a bit scared of vortex after having them fail.

RogerNH

FNG
I have a brand new, never mounted Leupold VX-5HD 3.15x44 in the box and I'm wondering if I should sell it and get a Vortex HD LHT. It sounds to me like the Vortex can dial from everyones experience on this thread. I don't know if I want to take the chance with the Leupold. Decisions.

Bater

WKR
I have a brand new, never mounted Leupold VX-5HD 3.15x44 in the box and I'm wondering if I should sell it and get a Vortex HD LHT. It sounds to me like the Vortex can dial from everyones experience on this thread. I don't know if I want to take the chance with the Leupold. Decisions.
In my limited experience so far with the LHT I would take it over the Leupold based solely on the internals, but I will be the first to say that the razor needs more time and vetting.

gearguywb

WKR
I looked hard at the Leopold VX-5's. I just was not a fan of the reticles available. Much happier with the Vortex

Wiscat

Lil-Rokslider
My LHT should be delivered tomorrow. If I like it I will buy a second one for my 300. It has all the features I’m looking for in a hunting scope.

Bravo6

FNG
I have an LHT, and I love it. I hunt at night a lot for hogs down here in Texas, and feel like it is a little too bright in complete darkness, but other than that, what a nice scope. I think I'll switch back to Trijicon Accupoint for shooting in darkness, but this scope is amazing!

I just went an looked at both the 50 and 44 versions of the LHT and have a question about the side parallax adjustment.

Is that an actual focus dial?

None of my scopes have parallax so I'm realizing it may not function the way I thought it did. When looking through the LHT, with the magnification turned up the image was totally out of focus, then came in to focus as the side dial was adjusted.

I didn't realize that parallax adjustment was a focus as well. I always thought parallax was small a small adjustment that dealt with positioning the reticle with your eye.

I will add that I also had a chance to look through a VX-5 today (different store, not side by side) which was my original thought for this rifle as I've always been a Leupold fan. I felt the glass seemed comparable (bright sunny day in the city), but the turret clicks on the VX-5 were considerably worse tan the Razor. I have to admit this surprised me. The indication that you are in the second round of the turret is nice on the Leupy, but the locking turret on the Vortex is likely a better feature I think.

Last edited:

Ram94

WKR
Someone smarter than me can correct me, but I believe what is happening when you turn the parallax dial, is the scope is moving the image focus point forward and backwards until you can match it to the same plane as the reticle. The focus on the eyepiece of your scope should be set first and this ensures that the reticle is in focus to your eyes which you can then set your parallax to match up with negating any error caused by your head not being perfectly in line with the target and the reticle.

morgaj1

WKR
I bought a 50mm LHT and mounted to a Tikka T3x in 300WM. Used it hard for a month and the illumination quit working. Sent it in and they repaired it. On the first range trip out, it would intermittently stop working. To Vortex's credit, they overnighted me a replacement scope and it works perfectly. Glass is great and it tracks perfectly every time. Took it out this past weekend and shot a 200lb boar in a full run at 75 yards using. The reticle is perfect using the BAC technique.