Vortex HD LHT

Dhbwa

WKR
Anxiously waiting for mine from Liberty Optics....The original version is one of my favorite scopes. Outstanding eye box, great ER and very good optics with low weight!

gearguywb

WKR
I canceled my order with them yesterday. A couple of days past a month and still no shipping info. Will try somewhere else. 1st purchase took 2 weeks like their site says, this one not so much.

Great scope!

Budda

FNG
I didn’t order through liberty but was able to place an order on Tuesday. Just got the tracking info in an email yesterday evening. By the way, it was 843 shipped. Gotta love OpticsPlanet

Sweet. I could care less about the red dot. That reticle is nice

I agree, I wish they and all other scope manufacturers would make a version without the Illuminated reticle.....seems like they just want another excuse to slap $200-300 more dollars on the the price tag. Everything just has more bells and whistles these days, just like trucks. That said, I will probably buy a 3-15x50

XJGPN

FNG
So, now that these have been out for a while, is there any consensus on the 42mm objective vs the 50mm? I was leaning towards the 42mm as I am trying to do kind of a leaner/low profile build... but I usually tend to err on the larger objective side... Plus with some people reporting bleeding on the 42mm objective and not on the 50mm... I am seriously considering the 50.

Just bought another 42mm Mrad.

Just a great little scope for the weight and price range. I’ve been very impressed with the glass quality in both of my samples

Bater

WKR
So, now that these have been out for a while, is there any consensus on the 42mm objective vs the 50mm? I was leaning towards the 42mm as I am trying to do kind of a leaner/low profile build... but I usually tend to err on the larger objective side... Plus with some people reporting bleeding on the 42mm objective and not on the 50mm... I am seriously considering the 50.
Reticle hinders the 50 but if that doesn’t bug you, go for it. FWIW I’ve used the 42 to take game in dark timber at last light and can’t imagine needing more light gathering capability

XJGPN

FNG
Reticle hinders the 50 but if that doesn’t bug you, go for it. FWIW I’ve used the 42 to take game in dark timber at last light and can’t imagine needing more light gathering capability

good call.. I just assumed it was the same reticle. Bad assumption, I definitely prefer the reticle on the 42. Also, thank you for the info on the brightness, that helps a lot to get that feedback!

Dhbwa

WKR
Not everybody has extended wait times...........
LO definitely has the best price, a good reputation and I am in no hurry so I’ll wait.

Lots of companies using COVID as an excuse. Not saying Scott @ LO is as I’ll assume Vortex is behind...

gearguywb

WKR
I finally pulled the plug. Don't mind waiting, but when I ordered they clearly said 2 weeks. After a month, and with no expected delivery date, I went elsewhere.

I have no doubt that with factories working partly staffed, etc there are delays but each customer needs to decide how much communication and how long is enough.

Hope someday we get beyond this....

bradb

WKR
I spun the shit out of mine this last week. Mostly working back and fourth on targets from 369 to 985. Did return to zero and just shot at a plate at 100 and looked spot on

Dhbwa

WKR
Spartan Precision Arms is the place to buy.
Best price and in stock.

Hint- They will price match on others that don’t have stock....