Vortex LHT, Leupold vx5, zeiss v4?

Jlop_2

Lil-Rokslider
Considering a new rifle build for mid to long range elk (0-600 yards) and stuck on these three scopes but can’t decide. Is leupold still having tracking issues? Is the LHT comparable to the two others? Is zeiss warranty up to par with leupold and vortex? Considering Moa in all models and doing a custom turret cap. Would be used all over New Mexico from 4-12k feet. Thanks again!

I’d caution against a custom dial regardless of which scope you end up with, they are only accurate for a specific projectile, at a specific velocity, at a specific temp/altitude. Depending on your cartridge, you could see a fairly significant change with that kind of elevation swing.

morgaj1

WKR
After having all 3, Zeiss V4 is my choice. IMO, glass is comparable between the Leupold and Zeiss, with Vortex slightly behind. I never could get comfortable with the Leupold for fear of tracking issues. I have vision issues and couldn’t see the Vortex reticle well, so I sold it. The Zeiss, with illuminated duplex reticle is the perfect scope for me. Great glass, visible reticle and reliable tracking. Hard to beat Zeiss demo pricing at Red Hawk Rifles too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Zeiss warranty is only 2 yrs, the V4s are made in Japan, have also heard of their turrets getting inadvertently spun, even on the V6 line.

Check out the Burris Veracity line in the 30mm tubes. Natchez has got a sale going right now.

Of your 3 choices I would say Vortex LHT. I have the 3-15x50 in MRAD....solid scope.

If you want to spend a little more, check out a Swaro Z6 with BRH reticle.

OP
Jlop_2

Jlop_2

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies all. Did anyone find the 15x of any of these scopes to be too little or jus right? And 44 objective no problem either? For this kind of shooting scenarios 0-650 yards?

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Considering a new rifle build for mid to long range elk (0-600 yards) and stuck on these three scopes but can’t decide. Is leupold still having tracking issues? Is the LHT comparable to the two others? Is zeiss warranty up to par with leupold and vortex? Considering Moa in all models and doing a custom turret cap. Would be used all over New Mexico from 4-12k feet. Thanks again!
If you have any questions on the LHT, don't hesitate to reach out! The LHT will actually come with a free ballistic strip from Kenton industries that you would just tape to your turret, so once you know your ballistic data you can customize one at www.kentonindustries.com

ndayton

WKR
To clear some things up Zeiss has a limited lifetime warranty on their scopes in the USA and Canada, and a 5 year no fault POLICY (not warranty) which they will repair or replace at their discretion if a product is damaged by the original owner.
If you think you will be really hard on your scope or want to shop used then Vortex is your best bet for warranty, cant speak to the LHT on glass quality or durability but my Zeiss V4 has been solid.

OP
Jlop_2

Jlop_2

Lil-Rokslider
It sounds like the v4 and LHT are definitely the two that are the top contenders. Looking at mounting either on a tikka t3 in 7mm. I currently have a vortex viper hs lr 4-16 and I think either will be a big improvement.

ndayton

WKR
It sounds like the v4 and LHT are definitely the two that are the top contenders. Looking at mounting either on a tikka t3 in 7mm. I currently have a vortex viper hs lr 4-16 and I think either will be a big improvement.
I have the same Viper HSLR 4-16 and the Zeiss is noticeably brighter and clearer to me. Be sure to look a Redhawk rifles demo optics and save some money if you go the Zeiss route.

Zeiss Demo Optics (redhawkrifles.com)

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I just purchased the V4 and while I haven't shot with it yet, it looks great. The reticle and glass are great. The turret feels nice and the illuminated reticle is great. I can only compare it to the Vortex Viper gen ii and I'd say the glass is a tad better in the Zeiss and it's about 7 oz. lighter.