Vortex Month/ Razor Spotter

As posted in gear deals, Sportsmen's is having Vortex month. -- Gen 1 85mm Razor HD spotters are only $799 plus a $100 gift card rebate. Since I'll use the GC it means $700 for the spotter

Considering I have no plans to drop over a grand on a spotter (let alone 1,800+) in the near future is it worth upgrading my older Viper 85mm to get the Razor at what would appear to be a smoking deal? Or should I just roll with what I have for the foreseeable future. Will I still just end up disappointed?

Use is for Mulies from the truck or quad. Not a trophy hunter but want to be able to count to 4 and distinguish a 21" buck from a 24" buck

tak

I have the Gen 1 Razor. It's good glass and I think you'll notice a significant improvement over the viper. It is big, but since you said vehicle/atv you'll be good.

I was going to sell mine, only to get something smaller/lighter. But with these close out sales, I don't want to to let it go for $700. I don't know that anything else out there under a grand will come close to clarity/power of the gen 1 Razor.

OP
Banded_spooney
Thank you. I actually ran mine side by side to a friends gen2 razor while scouting yesterday. There was a significant improvement.

Kyle Wheeler

No the Gen 2 razor was significantly better than my Viper. I have no field experience with the Gen 1 razor but I prefer the focus knob on it over the gen 2 anyway.

I’ll be purchasing today on my way into today.
Got it! That makes sense.

gcronin

Rokslide Sponsor
As posted in gear deals, Sportsmen's is having Vortex month. -- Gen 1 85mm Razor HD spotters are only $799 plus a $100 gift card rebate. Since I'll use the GC it means $700 for the spotter

Considering I have no plans to drop over a grand on a spotter (let alone 1,800+) in the near future is it worth upgrading my older Viper 85mm to get the Razor at what would appear to be a smoking deal? Or should I just roll with what I have for the foreseeable future. Will I still just end up disappointed?

Use is for Mulies from the truck or quad. Not a trophy hunter but want to be able to count to 4 and distinguish a 21" buck from a 24" buck
Thanks for checking out our gear at Sportsmen's! You should notice a big jump in clarity, resolution, and low-light performance going from the Viper HD to the Razor HD lineup.

If you have any questions on our spotters, please let me know! :)

Mpruitt86

Is the Gen 1 85 Razor (the one on sale at sportsmans) Japanese made or Chinese? It's a solid deal either way but I was curious if anyone knew?