Vortex optics pro gt tripod

Ramsey445

FNG
Wanting advice or opinions. I just purchased the new Vortex diamondback hd 20-60-85. If you have the pro gt tripod what are your thoughts on it? Are you happy with it or wish you would have got something different?

Trees91

WKR

Call cameraland and they’ll give you a deal for being a rokslide member. Look up reviews one the sirui va5 head. It’s slick, really smooth and this combo is a bargain. They basically give you the tripod..

Dreed4

FNG
I needed a tripod that was tall enough I could glass standing up using binos. The Pro-GT fits that’s bill for me. I think it is a very underrated tripod in my opinion. I love mine

Jbake108

FNG
Great stability. Nice to be able to glass standing up. Heavy. Will contemplate leaving it behind all the time when hiking is a factor. I’ve just gotten used to it being heavy and always take it now. I can still glass with 18’s while others have to take a break when the Wind is blowing.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The PRO-GT is my favorite in our current tripod line. The three-way pan head is extremely easily to navigate and to get on target with. The flip lever leg locks make it extremely sturdy. For spotters that have 80mm+ objectives this is the one I recommend going with.

That being said, if you are not in a rush for a tripod just hang tight! I can't give any specifics, but you won't be disappointed if you are looking for a tripod in our lineup. ;)

OP
R

Ramsey445

FNG
The PRO-GT is my favorite in our current tripod line. The three-way pan head is extremely easily to navigate and to get on target with. The flip lever leg locks make it extremely sturdy. For spotters that have 80mm+ objectives this is the one I recommend going with.

That being said, if you are not in a rush for a tripod just hang tight! I can't give any specifics, but you won't be disappointed if you are looking for a tripod in our lineup. ;)
Thanks for the heads up

Trigger06

FNG
I have one. It is very stable and a good value. There is an aspect of it that I don't care for - weight. 4+ lbs.

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
I used one for 3 years and recently went to a manfrotto with a va-5 head. It is such a stable set up in the wind and extended. The pan head on that is very easy to manage and it doesn't come off. I was using then Vortex Razor Get 1 85mm and it is an absolute match made in heaven. You would not be disappointed in that set up. I was easily able to glass standing up at 6'7" with it!

Tbuckus

WKR
I’ve had one for a few years now. I‘ve used it with my binos and a 82mm spotter. Stable in the wind. Easy to use. Head is good but not excellent.
the biggest complaint is the weight of it. I use it if I’m near the truck but wont backpack with it.

wtx

FNG
I know this thread is a little old, but can anyone tell me if the Pro GT has a 1/4x20 or 3/8x16 head screw? Have an Outdoorsman's pan head on the way and want to try it out on the Vortex before upgrading tripods.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I know this thread is a little old, but can anyone tell me if the Pro GT has a 1/4x20 or 3/8x16 head screw? Have an Outdoorsman's pan head on the way and want to try it out on the Vortex before upgrading tripods.
Great question - if you remove the head off of the Pro GT it has a 1/4-20 thread pitch for the head screw. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

Reactions: wtx

wtx

FNG
I don’t have either in hand so another question for you. The Outdoorsmans is 3/8”. Seems like I could get an adapter to make them pair up?

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I don’t have either in hand so another question for you. The Outdoorsmans is 3/8”. Seems like I could get an adapter to make them pair up?
You bet - there are tons of adapters on the market that would convert the 2 thread pitches together!