Vortex or Maven

I feel like the spotting scopes are where the disparity was very noticeable. Don't get me wrong, my 12X50 ELs are noticeably better than my old B.2s, but I could have definitely lived with them more easily than my A.1 vs ATS my brother has. I skipped over the ATS and just ordered an ATX after about a year and a half of himming and hawing. Although, I will say that I think my 8X30 B3s were actually better than the 8X30 CL Swaros. Better field of view and I'd say the clarity etc. seemed on par or better than the CLs after a sheep hunt with both. If I were to do it again I'd either get the 8X32ELs or say to hell with it and just keep running the B.3s for compacts.

Looking for some input. I'm in the $1000-$1200 range for new binos. I've been using two sets of Viper HD for hunting and scouting. Usually an 8x42 for hunting and a 10x50 for scouting. I'm wanting to both downsize to 1 pair and upgrade to a better glass. I've had good luck with my Vortex and have also been hearing good things about Maven. I can't afford Swaros or I'd have them on my watch list. My questions are, what would be a good go between size for one good all around pair and which are better quality? The Vortex Razor HD or Maven B1(I'm thinking 10x42). Or would I better better off looking at the Maven B2 in 9x45 or 11x45, or possibly finding a used set of Razor UHD in 10x42?
Thanks
Not sure if you already made your decision but I have owned the B2 9x45 for 2-3 yrs now. I had zeiss terra in the past. I like the b2, they are great in low light and are very clear. They are definitely bigger then what you might expect though, the different prism style makes them longer. I have no had any issues with them and would definitely buy them again. I have never used anything higher end then these so take my experience for what it’s worth.

Cargun

FNG
I looked through binos in the store till my eyes bled and went with 8x42 Trinovids. Reading this thread makes me want to check out some Mavens though.

Time2fish

Lil-Rokslider
I just used Maven’s demo program, it was fast and easy. If you decide not to keep the demo glass it only costs you shipping. Worth every penny IMO. Give it a shot.

The maven b2’s are amazing glass. Only downside is the 9x45s are bigger (volume) than a lot of 12x50s.

PRC_GUY

WKR
I go with Vortex ,!they never ask how their products broken, either fix in two day or replace it. No other business beat vortex on their warranty!

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of maven B1’s and I love them. Have compared them side by side to my buddies razors and em they blow them out of the water for clarity, first and last light, and just a better image. Going to grab an S1 spotter as soon as I get the funds

DanN

FNG
Excellent comments. I hear Vortex warranty is the very best. Does Maven compete? Any experiences returning broken gear! Infantry-get some! -D

I go with Vortex ,!they never ask how their products broken, either fix in two day or replace it. No other business beat vortex on their warranty!
Maven has the same exact same unconditional lifetime warranty. No matter how they broke or got damaged they will fix or replace. Just like every other major reputable optic company. For the life of me I can't figure out this vortex cult following that screams from the rooftops about vortex's warranty.

KurtR

WKR
I have a pair of maven B1’s and I love them. Have compared them side by side to my buddies razors and em they blow them out of the water for clarity, first and last light, and just a better image. Going to grab an S1 spotter as soon as I get the funds
i have the complete opposite experience. Then i go back to my slc and happy to not own either

Damn- I’ve had my Japan Razor 10x42’s and been thinking about switching to Maven B 1.2’s. Seems like there’s some conflicting reviews. Anyone else want to chime in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanN

FNG
Does Swaro have the same kind of break and return and get another one no issues warranty like Vortex or Maven.....or is that a pipe-dream? Thanks for the input for the newbie!! -Dan

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does Swaro have the same kind of break and return and get another one no issues warranty like Vortex or Maven.....or is that a pipe-dream? Thanks for the input for the newbie!! -Dan
No they don't Dan but Swarovski can and will repair thier products for a reasonable cost.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk