Vortex PST Gen II - Mounted to low?

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased the above scope and mounted it on my .300 weatherby last year. I read that a throw lever is useful as it's tough to change magnification quickly on this scope. I tried mounting a throw lever but the bolt of the rifle is unable to clear the throw lever when attached. I'm assuming I need to mount the scope on some higher rings, but I was curious if any of you have dealt with this issue before.

Thanks!

Devilfish

FNG
I'm not familiar with this particular scope, but do have the Razor HD 3-15 on my Weatherby Vanguard. I don't believe the throw lever will.be impeded by your mount height. I wouldn't give up a good cheekweld for something that will probably never rotate and hit the action. I personally set my bolt guns up with the height to center of bore as close as possible.

Update: I just read your message again and apparently I was wrong about it interfering. I can understand why the throw ring, because my Razor HD is a bitch to adjust the magnification. It's a tough choice.

Last edited:

Flyrodr

FNG
If it's the standard Vortex arm, it's very long. If the bolt is contacting only with the end of the arm, probably at least half of that arm could be cut off and reshaped/painted and still work OK. A hacksaw, file and a touch of flat black paint . . . what could go wrong?

OP
Packer9037

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I wish it were the lever. It’s actually the ring of the throw lever that it gets caught on…it’s too thick. I might try the thinnest throw lever to see if that works but there’s almost no space there.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks guys. I wish it were the lever. It’s actually the ring of the throw lever that it gets caught on…it’s too thick. I might try the thinnest throw lever to see if that works but there’s almost no space there.
Which throwlever did you go with?