Vortex Quick-Release Plate Problem

PGWest

Lil-Rokslider
So, I have a Vortex Summit SS-P Tripod and a Summit Window Mount, both which require the quick release plate. Given the fact the quick-release plate has horrible reviews, I imagine I'm not the only one with this issue. When a spotter is mounted to the quick release plate, it wiggles and has tons of play, making staying on an object/animal and locking in at the location impossible and frustrating. The plate does not stay tight onto the spotter. I know I could put loctite on it, but I don't know that I necessarily want it permanentaly mounted to my spotter or bino adapter. What are some workarounds or alternate options? Or is my best bet a different tripod/window mount?

OP
PGWest

PGWest

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, I guess blue loctite it is

Tahoe1305

WKR
I also noticed the shoe is a bit loose in the clamp down holder. I put a single strip of black electrical tape on one side of the shoe and it helped a lot.

92python

FNG
I also have a Vortex Summit SS-P tripod. I have the Vortex universal car window mount.as well. When I need to switch from the tripod and window mount I have to take the quick release off the scope and use the screw on the car mount to attach the spotting scope.

I was thinking I bought the wrong car mount and that the Vortex Summit car mount might work but the pics on the Vortex website are confusing and an email response from Vortex wasn't clear as well.

Question - Does the Summit SS-P tripod used the same quick release as the Vortex Summit car mount? I just want to be able to swap between tripod and car mount without unscrewing a quick release bracket.

Thanks

TravisIN

WKR
Yes they are the same adapter plate. I have them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk