Vortex Razor HD 10x42 vs Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 vs Leica Trinovid HD 10x42

Bado20

FNG
I can get all of these binoculars for the same price plus of minus 50 bucks. Looking to find out what you guys think of these options. This is really my first foray into decent glass, I have been hunting with vortex diamonbacks which do the job in the timber but have not been cutting it while chasing goats.

ZackP

WKR
They’re all fairly close to the same optically. I would probably put the Razors in 3rd due to the sloppy hinges. I would rank the Conquests 2nd because of the sloppy eye cups. The Trino’s had a better “pop” if you will to my eyes and the build quality feels outstanding in hand.

But as Doug mentioned above, take a look at the Kowa. If you can swing Camerland’s open box price on them, the glass and build quality are phenomenal.

OP
Bado20

Bado20

FNG
They’re all fairly close to the same optically. I would probably put the Razors in 3rd due to the sloppy hinges. I would rank the Conquests 2nd because of the sloppy eye cups. The Trino’s had a better “pop” if you will to my eyes and the build quality feels outstanding in hand.

But as Doug mentioned above, take a look at the Kowa. If you can swing Camerland’s open box price on them, the glass and build quality are phenomenal.
I'm in canada so the pricing is a bit different, but the Kowas are about 200 bucks more. Worth the extra money? and just to make sure I'm looking at the right ones, you're talking about the Kowa genesis 10.5x44's?

It’s so personal man.

My trinovids are my favorite binos I’ve had. I like them better than, mavens, better than razor uhd, better than my swaro slchds. So, I would say trinovids, but again your face and your eyes are the real decision makers, words online can only do so much.

Kad000

FNG
I have a pair of vortex rzr HD 10-42 that I upgraded from some scheels Dakota’s and it was a huge difference. I have really enjoyed them. But have wondered if there were others in the same price range as the rzr’s that are better. This review https://backwoodspursuit.com/26-best-binoculars-for-hunting/ has the zeiss above the rzr’s but does not have the leica’s included in the test. I thought it was a interesting list and it has all the binoculars ranked and split up in price.