Vortex razor hd 10x42's: which tripod adapter?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Field optic is my current favorite. They all just thread into the razor. I did a review comparing some couple years ago

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bbrown

WKR
Go for the Outdoorsmans - I tried both the vortex ones. The cheaper one was too much of a pain to get on and off and bully. I liked the uni-dapter but the post staying on all the time could get annoying poking me in the chest. The connection from the post to the base had just enough play to wobble a bit plus since it's not a solid connection it's possible for your bino to get knocked off the tripod.

The Outdoorsmans is easy to get on and off and locks up nice and tight. Not cheap by any means but worth the extra cost to me and if you are running one of their heads then it connects without needing an extra base. If you go for the Outdoorsmans get the post for the Swarovski - worked great on my razors and I sold it to a buddy to run with his 12x50 razors when I upgraded to the EL Ranges.

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
So with the field optic... Any issues with the adaptor backing out of the binoculars? And when seated, is it standard that the slot will be perfectly vertical?

duchntr

WKR
So with the field optic... Any issues with the adaptor backing out of the binoculars? And when seated, is it standard that the slot will be perfectly vertical?

It has a fairly large rubber o-ring to keep it tight, so no issue's with it failing out.

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
My Field Optics arrived today thanks to the recommends on this thread (Sorry S&S your shipping to canada was too rich for me)…

Set them up on my Razors and played with them. way better than the Bushnell unit I have as well…

I am pleased!