Vortex Razor HD 4000 Rangefinder

Has anybody gotten hands on one of these yet? Street price of $500, 4000yd reflective, 1600yd deer range, Razor glass, and with the Vortex Warranty seems like it has potential to be a real contender for higher-end rangefinders. Hopefully the product is more ready than the Ranger 1000 was when first introduced.

Interested as well. Read the manual and seems like you need to know what angle you’re shooting and keep in mind that for long range, it’s only effective out to 400 and 800 yards respectively depending on angle. However, if you know line of sight and have a program that enables you to plug in data, you can easily get the holds. That would work for me since I run stelock on my phone and just need the range/angle and I can adjust from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f3a01a923165694a9460a480ca5f02e9.jpg

OP
Boxerboxer
Interested as well. Read the manual and seems like you need to know what angle you’re shooting and keep in mind that for long range, it’s only effective out to 400 and 800 yards respectively depending on angle. However, if you know line of sight and have a program that enables you to plug in data, you can easily get the holds. That would work for me since I run stelock on my phone and just need the range/angle and I can adjust from there.

That's not a Vortex thing, that's a "how far can you shoot before simple trig stops being a close-enough estimate for a more detailed ballistics calculation with more variables.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That's not a Vortex thing, that's a "how far can you shoot before simple trig stops being a close-enough estimate for a more detailed ballistics calculation with more variables.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I understand what you’re saying. How ever, there are ballistic range finders that allow you to put in data that will give you the correct holds based on several factors. That’s all I was getting at. This product will require more detailed ballistics calculations if shooting outside its parameters.

Anozira

WKR

Bigforky

FNG
would it be worth the money to upgrade to this unit from a leupold rx-1000i tbr??? used strictly for bow hunting and I shoot out to 1000 yards max.

bradb

WKR
Trying to get my hands on one. For 1000 yards my sig kilo can struggle at times, depending on the target. I have played with the Vortex fury 5000 some and its WAY easy at 1000 on anything. I was told by someone at vortex that yes the 5000 ranges farther but the 4000 is close. if that works out with the smaller harder to hold RF it will be what I use most

bradb

WKR
Be a while before I get my hands on one 6-8 week back order for me

Just picked this gem up. Tested on a cloudy day in the badlands. Picked up anything and everything 1800 yards and In within a seconds.(free hand). Picked up hills,rocks and trees up to 2400 yards still in HCD mode.(had to steady with elbow on truck hood). In ELR mode I ranged a little building out to 3800 yards steadying with elbows on hood. My thoughts are that I’m very impressed. Love the x7 magnification and ability to adjust glass to my crappy eyes. Little bigger than the rangers but not a deal breaker. Price is well worth it. Compared to other rangefinders I don’t know as this is my first high quality rangefinder, I’m just giving you my experience out of the box with it.. not sure how it works in cold yet or battery life. But I am very happy with my purchase and wouldn’t changed my decision.. I’m just a normal hunter with no need to range to 3800 yards but it was time to upgrade and it’s very fun to get readings that far. For the price and quality I think it won’t disappoint.

Anozira

WKR
Just picked this gem up. Tested on a cloudy day in the badlands. Picked up anything and everything 1800 yards and In within a seconds.(free hand). Picked up hills,rocks and trees up to 2400 yards still in HCD mode.(had to steady with elbow on truck hood). In ELR mode I ranged a little building out to 3800 yards steadying with elbows on hood. My thoughts are that I’m very impressed. Love the x7 magnification and ability to adjust glass to my crappy eyes. Little bigger than the rangers but not a deal breaker. Price is well worth it. Compared to other rangefinders I don’t know as this is my first high quality rangefinder, I’m just giving you my experience out of the box with it.. not sure how it works in cold yet or battery life. But I am very happy with my purchase and wouldn’t changed my decision.. I’m just a normal hunter with no need to range to 3800 yards but it was time to upgrade and it’s very fun to get readings that far. For the price and quality I think it won’t disappoint.

That is awesome, I think I will probably end up owning one. There are not many reviews out there but judging by others first impressions they seem to be a nice unit.