Vortex Razor HD LH 2-10x40 HSR-4 Scope?

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
While searching for a lightweight optic for my "mountain rifle" I came across this model of Razor that I hadn't noticed before...it will be going on a Weatherby 300 win mag (fluted, pencil barrel) to be used on bear and deer. Realistically I don't plan on shooting past 3-400 yards. Mainly just wondering if anybody here uses one? Didn't see many real-world reviews online. Thanks!

Of all my scopes, this one is easiest on my eyes (I have had Lasik twice due to nearsightedness). Not having parallax it is so much simpler as well. I know there are many folks out there who say you only need 1X per 100 yards, but I like higher than 10X magnification for shooting over 200 yards. So, I love the scope, but not necessarily for your stated use, and with a 300 WBY Mag. Think would be a better match for a 308/260/7mm08. YMMV

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
That was one of my favorite optics when it was part of our lineup. It was discontinued as it was replaced by the Razor HD LHT lineup which just offered some more features and a slight upgrade optically. For a lightweight hunting rig this is a great choice! If you have any questions on it, let me know!

OP
texjitter

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
Of all my scopes, this one is easiest on my eyes (I have had Lasik twice due to nearsightedness). Not having parallax it is so much simpler as well. I know there are many folks out there who say you only need 1X per 100 yards, but I like higher than 10X magnification for shooting over 200 yards. So, I love the scope, but not necessarily for your stated use, and with a 300 WBY Mag. Think would be a better match for a 308/260/7mm08. YMMV

Well it's just a 300 Win Mag but Weatherby brand rifle, and it's suppressed so that helps tame alot of recoil too

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I heard @robby denning talk about them on the podcast. Here is his review. https://www.rokslide.com/vortex-razor-hd-light-hunter-2-10x40-riflescope-review/

His uses the other reticle, but it's same otherwise.

I don't need another scope, but have my eye out for one at a good price.

Thanks for the link man. Still shooting that skope 4 years later. The sub tensions are still a little light for my aging vision. it’s been a solid scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shingi

FNG
Tread lightly with these. I had 4. Sold 2 gave one away. Three of them had to go back to vortex cause their poi change. Two was 3-15x42 one was 2-10x42 and the 4th was the 1.5-8x32. Not sure why they crap so often but the last one held great. I seen lots of reviews saying they don’t hold up as well.

Mine didn’t last more than 10 rounds before the erector broke, but Vortex replaced it with the new LHT. It worked out well since I had only paid $400 for the LH when it was on closeout.

So if I were you I would just put it through it’s paces so it proves itself to you. Worst case, there is that warranty.

Shingi

FNG
Yes. Of the three we had to use the warrenty. The one I gave away is sitting on a 308 but it’s not used very often so I haven’t heard back from it. Mine 1.5-8x32 was used last season and still hold zero so far.

Jbehredt

WKR
Love mine. Sits perfectly atop my kimber Montana. Only a few hunts on it but it hasn’t been babied, has the scratches to prove it, and has held zero perfectly.