Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50mm Q&A

I’ve never in all my life seen a place like rokslide where a company having a hell of a good warranty is a bad thing……
Look at it this way, You have taken a week off of work> I have no idea how much you make, but in my case, I only get paid if I am working, so just taking that week off cost me about 3,000.00 (before taxes and deductions). Now that is before food, fuel or anything else I might spend on the hunt. Now lets just say I am lucky enough to find a BOAL in my crosshairs; but unfortunately, I have a scope with a fantastic warranty, but it lost zero (a warranty issue, and I pull the trigger and miss. Now I can't speak for you, but at that point, I don't care how good the warranty is. With that said, I don't even want to think about the above happening to one of it's swat members during a critical critical situation. But hey,to each their own.

Barry

FNG
The written word is a poor medium to actually decipher the context of what is being said. I absolutely acknowledge that you haven’t had an issue.
What I am saying is that short term, generally light use isn’t a much of a barometer of performance. There is a positive correlation between the scope eval and continued use during the full eval to likelihood of performance over years in normal use. That’s it. There’s nothing more behind what I am saying to you or anyone.

The reason I am willing to come to you and do the eval is because I want to see more samples to get more information- it isn’t to prove you wrong. If that LHT would have held zero just driving and general shooting I would have used it this year hunting- I tried with the Leupold Mark 5. However, neither held zero enough through general use, that would morally allow me to do so. No one wants scopes to work more than I- regardless of brand.
@Formidilosus If you want more samples, you can test mine. However, I'm in Arizona and I imagine driving to me isn't practical. I don't mind shipping it to you though. If you're willing to run it through all the same tests again, i would take you up on the offer of new scope if it passes. More specifically, I'll cover the difference of a Trijicon Tenmile.

Not because I don't believe what you are saying though. I think it's likely that it will fail. Passing would be like winning the lottery.

I purchased the razor LHT 4.5-22 for use on a 308 AR, and the illumination cut out every 2nd - 4th shot. I sent it in to vortex and they swapped out the illumination chip and battery. They impact tested and said it travels and holds true.

I mounted a SWFA 5-20 before sending in the LHT and haven't remounted the LHT. It's been sitting unused in a box. Less than 50 rounds through it. No field use. Between your testing and my experience, I'm just not confident in this model.

So rather than me doing sub par testing, I see more value in your process. I trust you would be honest with the results. Between the content, the discussions, and all the question answering you do here. I don't see why else you would do all of this if not to help out and provide data for others to use. Let me know if you're up for it. I know this is time consuming stuff. I appreciate all the information you and Ryan provided this community.

To anyone that has had positive experiences with this scope and would like a second one, I'm happy to sell it to you for half price after the test. Regardless of the result. We can even send it to vortex afterwards and let them do a "Shake Weight" test around the office.

Last edited:
OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus If you want more samples, you can test mine. However, I'm in Arizona and I imagine driving to me isn't practical. I don't mind shipping it to you though. If you're willing to run it through all the same tests again, i would take you up on the offer of new scope if it passes. More specifically, I'll cover the difference of a Trijicon Tenmile.

Not because I don't believe what you are saying though. I think it's likely that it will fail. Passing would be like winning the lottery.

I purchased the razor LHT 4.5-22 for use on a 308 AR, and the illumination cut out every 2nd - 4th shot. I sent it in to vortex and they swapped out the illumination chip and battery. They impact tested and said it travels and holds true.

I mounted a SWFA 5-20 before sending in the LHT and haven't remounted the LHT. It's been sitting unused in a box. Less than 50 rounds through it. No field use. Between your testing and my experience, I'm just not confident in this model.

So rather than me doing sub par testing, I see more value in your process. I trust you would be honest with the results. Between the content, the discussions, and all the question answering you do here. I don't see why else you would do all of this if not to help out and provide data for others to use. Let me know if you're up for it. I know this is time consuming stuff. I appreciate all the information you and Ryan provided this community.

To anyone that has had positive experiences with this scope and would like a second one, I'm happy to sell it to you for half price after the test. Regardless of the result. We can even send it to vortex afterwards and let them use it as a "Shake Weight" around the office.

It would be good to get another checked, so if you want to contact @Ryan Avery for directions on how to send it.