VORTEX RAZOR HD LHT or NIGHTFORCE SHV 4-14X50 F1

Is the 10oz on the SHV worth it? Going on a Kimber Montana. The Razor is getting great reviews.

The FFP vs SFP is a non-issue.

OP
MuleyFever
I really want a MIL reticle and the NXS is over my budget. SWFA is out of stock and they don’t have a date for more stock.

Might outta throw the bushy lrts into the mix for the price Doug has them. I find the shv to seem overpriced new. You can almost buy a used nxs for a new shv

OP
MuleyFever
Might outta throw the bushy lrts into the mix for the price Doug has them. I find the shv to seem overpriced new. You can almost buy a used nxs for a new shv

At 28oz may as well get the SHV. I’m having a hard time talking myself into such a heavy scope.

Lawnboi

WKR
Very happy with my shv f1. Know going into it that it has a fairly tight eye box, other than that it’s nice. Iv had mine out in -30 to 100 and sun, spun the turrets lots, jammed my knee into the turrets hiking, tipped the gun over off its bipod on rocks. It has never lost zero, and always returned and tracked. Very satisfied with the scope. The perfect fit for a kimber montana? Probably not but I’d throw it on there. I too would consider the 3-10 shv and just deal with moa.

Can’t speak of the vortex but I wouldn’t put a 15x sfp scope on an ultra lite gun.

I'd agree with the LRTS over the SHV. The LRTS represents a much more commensurate product relative to price. Build quality of LRTS is same as SHV. Eyebox is good on the 3-12. Both leave something to be desired regarding turrets. No reason to overpay ~$500 for the SHV.

This. If the SHV was the same price as an LRTS i still might choose the LRTS.

OP
MuleyFever
I'd agree with the LRTS over the SHV. The LRTS represents a much more commensurate product relative to price. Build quality of LRTS is same as SHV. Eyebox is good on the 3-12. Both leave something to be desired regarding turrets. No reason to overpay ~$500 for the SHV.

Can’t find the 3-12 though.