Vortex Razor HD LHT Riflescope Review, By Jared Bloomgren

I picked one of these up for my ultra light weight rig. I really like it. Eye relief is very forgiving and glass is very nice. I've only got 30 roubds through it but I like it so far

dave41079

FNG
Stumbled across this thread looking for something else, but an interesting read. I have an LHT 5-15x50 with the G4i reticle/MIL on a Tikka T3x Lite in .300WM. I live in TN, but headed to ID next week to try filling an elk tag. I'm a big fan of this combo, as the complete setup weighs around 8 lbs and I have been regularly shooting out to 1000. Tracking is great, I love the clean reticle and quick dial. The dot could be brighter at its highest setting, however.

Here's a picture from my last range trip using Barnes VOR-TX 180gr. I forgot to dial 0.1 MIL for spin drift, but I think this will do.

0.65MOA at 800yds with an SD of 5.7. Shooting off of a backpack.

20210919_133552.jpg

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stumbled across this thread looking for something else, but an interesting read. I have an LHT 5-15x50 with the G4i reticle/MIL on a Tikka T3x Lite in .300WM. I live in TN, but headed to ID next week to try filling an elk tag. I'm a big fan of this combo, as the complete setup weighs around 8 lbs and I have been regularly shooting out to 1000. Tracking is great, I love the clean reticle and quick dial. The dot could be brighter at its highest setting, however.

Here's a picture from my last range trip using Barnes VOR-TX 180gr. I forgot to dial 0.1 MIL for spin drift, but I think this will do.

View attachment 332131

Great setup and great shooting!!!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 332131

Killer shooting!

On a sidenote I have the non-illuminated G4 on my rifle. I might have to retire it next year, as that dot is just getting hard to see with my aging eyes, even with my contacts in.

But the scope performed almost flawlessly for me for five years. Hundreds of miles on horseback, lots on my back, and there’s only been one old time that my POI was off. I checked it and it had moved up about 2 inches. Who knows, what it was but I’ve been very happy with the scope.

And the tracking has been exceptional. To note I’m talking about a non-dialable scope, but it’s very precise when sighting the rifle in, i.e. a quarter MOA on the dial equals a quarter MOA on the target (if I do my part).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucker65

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 3.5-15 on my wife's 6x47 Lapua and it's been great. She's shot it out to 800 yards and it tracks perfectly. I'm probably going to pick up the new model for my light weight 6.5 PRC. It should be a perfect fit for it.

Ram94

WKR
Form, was this failure on the new LHT or the older LH Razor with the rings putting pressure on the parallax adjustment? If on the LHT, what happened? I keep coming back to this scope because it looks great on paper, I just value durability in a scope so am a bit hesitant given some history with vortex.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Form, was this failure on the new LHT or the older LH Razor with the rings putting pressure on the parallax adjustment? If on the LHT, what happened? I keep coming back to this scope because it looks great on paper, I just value durability in a scope so am a bit hesitant given some history with vortex.

New LHT. All that I have seen (a handful) had issues with losing zero. They actually generally adjusted correctly, but “durable” they are not.