vortex razor Hd's

ElkNut1

WKR
Yes, the New Razor HD Models are that much better. I had both of them side by side a few weeks ago just for comparison. The New HD are much lighter, single hinge, narrower & shorter. Their light gathering ability at low light is the first thing that jumps out at the user, its overall clarity & resolution is much better as well. The glass is optically a night & day difference, this is top shelf glass. with an unbeatable warranty.

ElkNut1

ElkNut1

WKR
I will accept Vortex Optics as a trade in for another, but you must realize I have to get them at a fair price to turn them over to another buyer!

ElkNut1

AGPank

WKR
That article is going into a magazine for Vortex and I was not able to post it up on Rokslide yet:) Sorry

Here's the quick version....

I tried to stay out of the testing as much as I could for the first couple weeks (with the Razor HD's). That doesn't mean I didn't use them, I just didn't compare them to anything right of the bat.
I had 10 friends compare the 10x42 Razor to several other optics.

Zeiss Victory FL
Swaro SLC
Swaro EL
Leupold Gold Ring
Brunton Icon
Zeiss Conquest
Meopta Meo HD

The Razor finished up in a tie for 2nd out of all the contestants and that was mostly because of extreme low light differences.

In my testing I found close to the same results as the others and would rate these as "best bang for the buck" out of any optic on the market.

If you put them side by side to a set of Swaro SLC's, you would not know the difference and the same could be said with the Zeiss FL's.

When I first used them I thought I may be talking myself into how good they are and that's why I wanted to get as many people involved in the testing as possible.

Everyones eyes are different and some prefer different brands over other. I prefer Zeiss over Swaro, so I wanted to make sure I had a decent amount of Swaro guys use the Razor.

Was this comparison of the Razors to SLC HD's or the SLC Neu? Is this right-up available somewhere for review? I picked up a pair of SLC neu 10x42's for a great deal, but I wonder if I'm missing out by not having an HD pair.