vortex razor Hd's

I have the 2012 model and I'm no optics expert but I looked through everything in the store including swaro and zeiss and the razor hd is right there with the best of them. And at half the price of some you just can't beat them. superb optics and very handy and light too.

dotman

WKR
Aron posted up something on the 2012's a few months ago, he was very impressed from what I remember.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That article is going into a magazine for Vortex and I was not able to post it up on Rokslide yet:) Sorry

Here's the quick version....

I tried to stay out of the testing as much as I could for the first couple weeks (with the Razor HD's). That doesn't mean I didn't use them, I just didn't compare them to anything right of the bat.
I had 10 friends compare the 10x42 Razor to several other optics.

Zeiss Victory FL
Swaro SLC
Swaro EL
Leupold Gold Ring
Brunton Icon
Zeiss Conquest
Meopta Meo HD

The Razor finished up in a tie for 2nd out of all the contestants and that was mostly because of extreme low light differences.

In my testing I found close to the same results as the others and would rate these as "best bang for the buck" out of any optic on the market.

If you put them side by side to a set of Swaro SLC's, you would not know the difference and the same could be said with the Zeiss FL's.

When I first used them I thought I may be talking myself into how good they are and that's why I wanted to get as many people involved in the testing as possible.

Everyones eyes are different and some prefer different brands over other. I prefer Zeiss over Swaro, so I wanted to make sure I had a decent amount of Swaro guys use the Razor.

OP
A

akrdkill

WKR
thanks for the info....thinking about getting a pair, they look about the size of my 10x32 el's but curious if they might be better in the low light...thanks again

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
That's good info, I too am starting to look for a new bino for next season. I'm between the Conquest HD and the Razor... Will have to do some more looking before I decide although the lower price of the Conquest might convince me more. :)

kaboku68

WKR
I work part time at a sporting goods store. I did the dollar test with three very good binoculars. I wear glasses and the other guy who did the test also wore glasses and I am going to give you a rundown. Razor HD10X42, Zeiss Conquest HD 10X42 and Swarovision SL10X42.
The Razors and the Zeiss Conquests were close to the same. The Zeiss had a bluish tint to the scale of color. Both Conquest and Razor have the same amount of visual resolution. The ability to see the signature on the undersecretary of the treasury but just not able to see the tiny little title at 30ft. You can see the serial numbers well with either. There was a tiny bit of greater eye relief with the zeiss but the Razors have the quality of being "soft".
"Softness" is a strange optical thing that I found was good with the old zeiss 10X40 Dialytal and the Leupold Gold Rings.
I would pick the Razor's above the Zeiss because of this.
The Swaros are close to the top on this visual resolution test and you can see the title of the secretary. They are much more expensive.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Interesting read I've been trying to decide for months on whether the vortex razor had 10x42's or the Swarovski just can't make my mind but this helps would like to know what magazine that article is going to be in

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Interesting read I've been trying to decide for months on whether the vortex razor had 10x42's or the Swarovski just can't make my mind but this helps would like to know what magazine that article is going to be in

My guess would be Extreme Elk...

ElkNut1

WKR
Those Razor HD 10X42 are hard to beat, my son & I both run them & they are very sweet! I've compared them to a couple of other Optics but not as many as Aron has, good stuff Aron! My thoughts mirror his findings, the subtle differences between the top companies basically comes down to what you like, you will not be sacrificing glass with those choices! For around a 1000.00 dollars the Razor HD's are tough to beat!

ElkNut1

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I checked Aron's out in Colorado. I would agree, best bang for the buck hands down. I am using the Swaro 12x50 and not a fair comparison because of difference in size, but the Razor HD's were as good as any under $2000. The were also incredibly light and small. Overall an excellent optic.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Swaros are without a doubt the best, but dollar for dollar, there are some really comparable at just over half the price. So you have to decide if the money spent on optics is worth it to your style of hunting.

Beastmode

WKR
anyone tried or compared the new vortex razor hd in 10x42????

Excellent glass for the money. Used them in the snow in some very high contrast settings last weekend and all I havr to say is wow. Very impressed with them, excellent quality to cost ratio. I highly recommend contacting Paul "elknut1" and see what he can do for you.

JNDEER

WKR
What is the difference between the non HD and the new 2012 HD?

Is the new HD that better??