Vortex Razor LHT? 3-15

BCD

WKR
With the recent price increase on the LHT, your options from a price point just increased with the added benefit of improved reliability.

Small stretch of the budget to get a NF NXS or NX8 and the Trijicon Credo is right there.
You can get a 2.5-15 Credo much cheaper than the Vortex at the moment. I bought a Credo and returned it as well as I thought the reticle was pretty faint.

drakeky

FNG
I have 4 of them all MRAD and I have the first focal 4-22 LHT. I love this reticle in the 3-15 as good as any I have seen. No issues. Have em on 6.5 creedmoor to 300 win mag. All perform flawlessly

morgaj1

WKR
I’ve had 2 and both had illumination issues. For the same price, I think that Zeiss Conquest V4’s are hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icfree

FNG
Thinking about buying one of these. I currently have a vortex pst gen II and the damn windage/elevation knobs turn on their own when rubbed against my pack/body/trees/etc. got confused with the zero stop on mine and didn’t trust my zero on a hunt. hoping this model can easily cure that worry.

Strider

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I’m going against the flow here but I haven’t had a great time with mine. It’s on a .300 win mag. It holds zero fine until you nock it around. I try not to abuse my stuff but inevitably I get in situations where my gear and I take a beating. I’m not a fan of needing to rezero after any hard pack out or rough day on the mountain. I do like the locking elevation turret and caped windage. I also enjoy the reticle. Just wish it was a little more dependable. I haven’t had a problem with tracking and returning to zero.
I would get another if it was just a range gun or there was no chance of falling in steep country while hunting but I think there are better options out there. Just my 2 cents.

Icfree

FNG
I guess I’m going against the flow here but I haven’t had a great time with mine. It’s on a .300 win mag. It holds zero fine until you nock it around. I try not to abuse my stuff but inevitably I get in situations where my gear and I take a beating. I’m not a fan of needing to rezero after any hard pack out or rough day on the mountain. I do like the locking elevation turret and caped windage. I also enjoy the reticle. Just wish it was a little more dependable. I haven’t had a problem with tracking and returning to zero.
I would get another if it was just a range gun or there was no chance of falling in steep country while hunting but I think there are better options out there. Just my 2 cents.
Since I’m interested…it would lose its zero from jostling around? How much correction would you have to make when re-zeroing?

Strider

Lil-Rokslider
General on the pack jostling through brush is fine. Never had an issue with that. It’s when I take a spill, it swings and hits a tree, and such. The most I’ve seen was about 3 inches at just under 200 yards. It’s not a whole lot but it made me lose confidence in the scope. Sounds like a lot of guys are having good luck which is awesome to hear!

I have been on a scope kick the last few days and came across this. Just food for thought.

I didn't have a good time with mine. Had it for one bear season and 2 fall seasons. It didn't handle being bumped always re zeroing. The magnification adjustment is still and when it's cold is a mother ******. I had to re zero so much the elevation turret screw stripped out. Then the parallax shit the bed. Vortex was cool fixed everything no questions but the few good things didn't put weigh the constant 1.5-2 moa shifts in zero from general use. And my rings and mounts where not the issue.

I notice there is always some for sale used and I think that means something.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Icfree

FNG
I didn't have a good time with mine. Had it for one bear season and 2 fall seasons. It didn't handle being bumped always re zeroing. The magnification adjustment is still and when it's cold is a mother ******. I had to re zero so much the elevation turret screw stripped out. Then the parallax shit the bed. Vortex was cool fixed everything no questions but the few good things didn't put weigh the constant 1.5-2 moa shifts in zero from general use. And my rings and mounts where not the issue.

I notice there is always some for sale used and I think that means something.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
Wow. Thanks for the link to that t
General on the pack jostling through brush is fine. Never had an issue with that. It’s when I take a spill, it swings and hits a tree, and such. The most I’ve seen was about 3 inches at just under 200 yards. It’s not a whole lot but it made me lose confidence in the scope. Sounds like a lot of guys are having good luck which is awesome to hear!

I have been on a scope kick the last few days and came across this. Just food for thought.
wow. Thanks for that link. Just went down a rabbit hole, haha. Definitely not gonna buy it now. Thank you!

I was really interested in this scope a few months ago regardless of my prior experience with vortex… then I started digging a little, wasn’t liking what I was seeing, Form’s drop test and testimonials of others squashed it for me, especially considering it was replacing my last leupold that was nothing but issues… life is too short for that

I ended up with the baby NXS and a swfa 3-9x…

I have the 1st gen with the 1" tube (its a hair lighter too!!) and seems like a decent scope. No issues to date, but just mounted on my 300wm. Need better rings though...No one had anything in stock so went with some cheapies just to get rounds down range.

rootacres

WKR
I had two of them. Both were drama free. They returned to zero seemingly fine. The rifle/bullet/scope all did their parts in my applications. I ended up selling my 3-15x42 LHT to my brother and moved onto a Mark 5HD. I mostly just wanted a tough FFP scope that I can really start learning how to use the reticle and maybe take to some classes. Thats not to say I couldn't do that with the LHT but it seems to me the Mark 5 HD is the next step up from the LHT.

Strider

Lil-Rokslider
Short answer is yes.
I posted earlier in this thread about my experience with LHT. I also had the LH. It saw little to no actual field use and wouldn't hold zero. When I sent it in they said it was broken and sent me the LHT.

75% failure with the first version razor HD lh. Got a lht as a replacement to one of them, so far no failures, round count around 45. 1 hunting trip.

Do I trust it? Not yet.

Short answer is yes.
I posted earlier in this thread about my experience with LHT. I also had the LH. It saw little to no actual field use and wouldn't hold zero. When I sent it in they said it was broken and sent me the LHT.
Guess ill be drop testing my 1.5-8 lh. Its been a great scope - super disappointed to read this thread

JNDEER

WKR
In reading all of Forms tests and opinions my major take away is that there can be lemons in good scopes and diamonds in bad scopes- both are just as rare.

The tests and results are a “guideline” for scope purchases so that you don’t have to drop the guns and scopes to test for failure- I wanted to know and have fallen enough with gun that I wanted to be 100%.

I wanted a more reliable gun from what I had - so I purchased a new box store tikka - and 3 scopes to mount, drop and shoot.

Maybe I am just a “bad” shot, but after following Form install procedures and dropping/throwing the LHT, Credo and SWFA- for my shooting skills in box store ammo I saw no major shift. Dialing up and down was consistent enough for my shooting skills. I didn’t shoot 10 rounds per session- I can’t afford that much ammo, lol. 3 shots per session after dumping the gun. From the tests Form did the shift was significant- that didn’t happen with me.

Currently the LHT is what’s on the gun and will be until it fails- maybe I am just lucky- maybe my shooting skills don’t show the shifts. Whatever it is- I currently trust this vortex I have and it will remain mounted and shot this season.