Vortex Razor UHD vs HD’s

Just looking to get some opinions on whether or not the Vortex Razor 10x42 UHD binoculars are $1000 better then the HD’s. I haven’t been able to do a side by side comparison and was hoping some folks on here have and could give me some of their thoughts. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looking to get some opinions on whether or not the Vortex Razor 10x42 UHD binoculars are $1000 better then the HD’s. I haven’t been able to do a side by side comparison and was hoping some folks on here have and could give me some of their thoughts. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i would choose the HD over the UHD... the HD are much lighter, less bulky, and for UHD money, you can do much better. i used the UHD for a season and was ready to ditch them quick.... first couple days, the sticker on the focus knob came off... not a big deal of course, just kinda funny and ironic.

for 1k, the kowa genesis is a great bino... i went through a pair of slc, the uhd, then the kowas in 2 seasons, the kowa was the standout of the 3, but loved the slc too, and would way rather have them over the uhd, and they can be found in your price range for sure, and you would never regret them

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I have owned the HD and UHD models. Not a tremendous difference, but the UHD is better. The depth of field is better and the AK prisms are a little better at controlling CA and glare. You can buy the UHD used or refurbished for around 1k. They are truly alpha glass.