Vortex scope not quite what i thought?

jfs82

WKR
Yep I'd say that's a fail, haha. I'm assuming those guys check to make sure the scope is in the approximate center of the total windage adjustment, right?

Having something break sucks. Like I've said, I've had to send back a $2k scope, and I'm sure it won't be the last. It was kind of a bummer. But, the company was very responsive, paid overnight shipping both ways, and fixed the problem in something like 7 or 10 days. Although I moved on from that model, I'd buy it again if it fit the needs/wants of a rifle.

I guess for me it's just a little funny to hear how scared all these dudes are that life might happen to them at some point. If their blender quits working is it a full on meltdown? Do they expect the blender company to "make it right" and give them a free blender overnight? Warranties and customer service matters as does product quality. Being prepared and knowing the limitations of you & your equipment matters as well.

Anyways, stream of conscious - hope that wasn't your scope and that yours was serviceable.
Think it's just a matter of personal preference. Some people want the car that looks good with lots of interesting features and hope it goes fine on the reliability standpoint or safety standpoint. Some look into the reliability of the car and base their purchase on function.

Yep I'd say that's a fail, haha. I'm assuming those guys check to make sure the scope is in the approximate center of the total windage adjustment, right?

Having something break sucks. Like I've said, I've had to send back a $2k scope, and I'm sure it won't be the last. It was kind of a bummer. But, the company was very responsive, paid overnight shipping both ways, and fixed the problem in something like 7 or 10 days. Although I moved on from that model, I'd buy it again if it fit the needs/wants of a rifle.

I guess for me it's just a little funny to hear how scared all these dudes are that life might happen to them at some point. If their blender quits working is it a full on meltdown? Do they expect the blender company to "make it right" and give them a free blender overnight? Warranties and customer service matters as does product quality. Being prepared and knowing the limitations of you & your equipment matters as well.

Anyways, stream of conscious - hope that wasn't your scope and that yours was serviceable.

I wasn't that intently watching but i'm pretty sure they checked to make sure it wasn't a matter of the scope coming off a highly canted pic rail. Not sure about windage.

The scope i used was one in the line of perfect 624i's.

great i was a week away from ordering a viper hst 4-16 after a week of constant research and indecisiveness.

this thread has put me right back to " indecisive"
You know...I might be able to save you some money. I got rid of a rifle wirh that exact scope on it. Guy didn’t want to pay fair price for the rifle and scope so I kept the scope. Want to buy it from me? It’ll keep me from buying a new rifle. Lol

Vortex sells a lot of gear. I think that’s why we hear so much about their QC. It’s just a numbers game.

I’ve not owned a lot of scopes and most of what I’ve owned has been sub $500. Vortex no issues ever on 300wm. Nikon no issues ever on 30-06. Leupold sent back every year for misaligned reticle.

im not convinced any one of the manufacturers is any better than the others at lower price points (say sub $800). Same with rifles. You can order a $350 savage and shoot lights out, or get a chamber that is never going to shoot right. QC is all over the place.

FFastEddie

Lil-Rokslider
I have a HSLR, it has been solid for the last year. I use it on a PRS rig chambered in 6 dasher.