Vortex Service for Diamondback Binos

Buelrdr29

FNG
I will start by saying I have emailed Vortex to see what they offer for "refurbishing" or servicing a bino that has a few years of wear on them. I have had the Diamond Back 10x42 for probably 8 years or so, as a guess. They have been decent for their price point. However, the image is very yellowish and the coating on the ocular lens looks to be coming apart and they fog just sitting in my living room looking through them. So I have emailed Vortex to see if there are any rebuilding processes they can do to make them Like New again.

Anybody ever had something like this done? Not sure if it is a true warranty issue or just normal wear and tear.

And save your comments about just toss them and get new ones. I understand they are cheap and easily replaced. At a minimum I will keep them for a buddy glass. If I can get them looking better I will use them for times I do not want to carry higher end ones.

I did just purchase a pair of Leica 10x42s and they look fantastic to me and will be my new full time use binos.

Sounds like you did the right thing, as much as they seem to always break vortex will treat you well in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Buelrdr29

FNG
Mostly wondering if they will do a rebuild even if there is no warranty issues? I do not want to abuse a companies warranty process if nothing is broken, but if they cover the coatings and such than I would be happy to get them serviced. Not sure what is normal for wear. And I cannot imagine they would be able to do much on a $200 pair of binos, other than just replace them if they thought there was a warranty issue. Seems cost prohibitive on a low end priced item.

nobody

WKR
They will take care of you, there's nothing they won't take care of. Say what you want about them, they know customer service. You won't be left high and dry. They warranty anything and everything, no questions asked, forever. I had a buddy do the same thing with some Viper's last year, they were like 6 or 7 years old and just weren't what they used to be. They sent them back good as new.

I just also sent my spotter into them for the same reason, just because it's not what it used to be. They assured me they would get me taken care of. I believe them, they do stand behind their product. Again, say what you want, but they stick to their guns on the warranty.

Drenalin

WKR
Last time I did a warranty claim on a Vortex product, I just printed the sheet online, filled it out, and sent them in. A few weeks later they sent a replacement. Just list the issues you have on the sheet. I sent in a pair of Diamondbacks and got back a pair of Diamondback HDs.

Rodéo

WKR
They'll either replace with the newest model or refurbish them to "factory spec" if possible. I've sent more products back to vortex than I care to mention and they've been exceptional every time in terms of customer service.

OP
B

Buelrdr29

FNG
Awesome reviews of their service. Thanks for the input.

And overall I am not unhappy with them. For the price I think it is hard to find anything better. Once you get into a higher cost then things may change a bit.

I dig them as a company. Love the podcasts and information they share as well as the company profile in general. Not a brand loyalist (fanboy) but do like the direction they have been going.

jony770

FNG
I've got the same set of binos, I'm a fan at the price point. they sent me new caps for free without hesitating which I thought was pretty cool. Please update on how they treat you, I'll be very curious to know how things go.

Rob5589

WKR
Chances are, you'll get a new pair. I sent mine in for a simple go through and clean up because I was giving them to my daughter. Vortex ended up sending a brand new pair with all the trimmings. My guess is that they still have some of the first gen around and it is probably far cheaper to give those out than to break down and repair a broken pair.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
Chances are, you'll get a new pair. I sent mine in for a simple go through and clean up because I was giving them to my daughter. Vortex ended up sending a brand new pair with all the trimmings. My guess is that they still have some of the first gen around and it is probably far cheaper to give those out than to break down and repair a broken pair.
I did this same thing and they sent me a pair of the new HD model. No clue if anything was wrong with the first pair or not

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I will start by saying I have emailed Vortex to see what they offer for "refurbishing" or servicing a bino that has a few years of wear on them. I have had the Diamond Back 10x42 for probably 8 years or so, as a guess. They have been decent for their price point. However, the image is very yellowish and the coating on the ocular lens looks to be coming apart and they fog just sitting in my living room looking through them. So I have emailed Vortex to see if there are any rebuilding processes they can do to make them Like New again.

Anybody ever had something like this done? Not sure if it is a true warranty issue or just normal wear and tear.

And save your comments about just toss them and get new ones. I understand they are cheap and easily replaced. At a minimum I will keep them for a buddy glass. If I can get them looking better I will use them for times I do not want to carry higher end ones.

I did just purchase a pair of Leica 10x42s and they look fantastic to me and will be my new full time use binos.
Appreciate the question! Whenever we bring an optic in we will test the optics to ensure that it is representative of the line. If we find that it is not, we will rebuild the optic if it is able to be repaired or replace it with a brand new unit. If you have any questions, please let us know.

I have a Vortex binocular to send in for Warranty. Thanks for the reminder! From what I understand they have very good customer service.

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
I have owned several Vortex binos a couple of years ago I bought a pair of 12x50 Razor. I had an issue with one of the eye pieces sent them back, they turned them around in no time, great customer service. What I didn't realized until I had to get the serial number for the warranty information is that they are made in China! One of the reasons I liked Vortex is they are from Wisconsin had I know they went off shore to China I wouldn't have purchase them. I get it almost all glass is coming from somewhere else but I wrongly assumed it was coming from Japan. Sorry for the rabbit hole but it really bothers me....

OP
B

Buelrdr29

FNG
Follow up to this inquiry. I sent the old Diamondback 10x42s into Vortex. They sent back a brand new set of Diamondback HD 8x42s, I requested 8x if replacement was on the table. That is way above and beyond my expectations for such a budget friendly optic. Makes me really think about my future higher end purchases. Even if they are not quite the best, but close on the heels, the warranty is like gold.

Happy customer here.

cth027

FNG
Awesome that you had a great experience. Vortex seems to take care of their customers. Knock on wood I haven’t had to experience it yet

87TT

WKR
Appreciate the question! Whenever we bring an optic in we will test the optics to ensure that it is representative of the line. If we find that it is not, we will rebuild the optic if it is able to be repaired or replace it with a brand new unit. If you have any questions, please let us know.
There you go!

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
Follow up to this inquiry. I sent the old Diamondback 10x42s into Vortex. They sent back a brand new set of Diamondback HD 8x42s, I requested 8x if replacement was on the table. That is way above and beyond my expectations for such a budget friendly optic. Makes me really think about my future higher end purchases. Even if they are not quite the best, but close on the heels, the warranty is like gold.

Happy customer here.
This is top notch customer service.