Vortex spotter upgrade

nobody

WKR
Do you have the information on who that was? I would really like to speak with them as that is a completely false narrative.

The VIP Warranty comes with all of our products because we appreciate our customers and want to make sure they are taken care of no matter what happens after the point of sale. We hope that you never have to use it - most people don't. Majority of the optics that come in actually don't need to come in or are caused by user error, but they are still covered fully.

If you have any questions on our warranties or our products, please don't hesitate to come straight to the source as I am always more than happy to chat with you.
Graham, thanks for replying. I'm not sure of his name (this was back in 2017 or so), but I can get you the info for the gun shop where he did the presentation.

If that's not the case, I'm truly sorry for sharing false information.

FWIW, that guy's words didn't have any effect on my dad's choice of some new 12x50 UHD's recently.

The VIP Warranty comes with all of our products because we appreciate our customers and want to make sure they are taken care of no matter what happens after the point of sale. We hope that you never have to use it - most people don't. Majority of the optics that come in actually don't need to come in or are caused by user error, but they are still covered fully.
I agree the warranty is the best. i my self an guilty of user error. no questions from vortex just a new replacement in less than 2 weeks.

Thanks Vortex

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Graham, thanks for replying. I'm not sure of his name (this was back in 2017 or so), but I can get you the info for the gun shop where he did the presentation.

If that's not the case, I'm truly sorry for sharing false information.

FWIW, that guy's words didn't have any effect on my dad's choice of some new 12x50 UHD's recently.
No worries, my friend! I just wanted to clear the air more than anything.

Awesome! How is he liking them?!

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I agree the warranty is the best. i my self an guilty of user error. no questions from vortex just a new replacement in less than 2 weeks.

Thanks Vortex
Thanks for being a part of Vortex Nation!

nobody

WKR
No worries, my friend! I just wanted to clear the air more than anything.

Awesome! How is he liking them?!
He's very happy with, in his words, "the best Christmas present he's ever gotten!" He was speechless when my brother brought him in the store while I was working so that he could "check the schedule" (both my younger brother and I work at Sportsman's Warehouse), and then he and I just opened the optics case and said "Merry Late Christmas, pick whatever you want! Our treat!" His reaction made the 4 years of saving my hay hauling money totally worth it!

Edited for clarity and conciseness.

Last edited:

JLB-MT

FNG
My collection of optics includes many Vortex products. I admittedly bought some for the warranty. After a couple of less than satisfactory experiences with resolving problems, I no longer have the confidence that Vortex does stand behind their products. In my experience they try to cajole you into believing the problem is with the operator and not the product.

Brink

FNG
I use a late mode Nikon ED82 spotter for birds and it is dynamite, on par or better than the other alphas of its generation. The newer Monarch line of scopes from Nikon has some really good reviews from birders and if I were to buy new today I would probably look at the Monarch 82 before shelling out the extra money for Kowa.