Vortex tripods??

Anyone have experience with them? I am looking at the summit or the pro gt. Just curious on quality, durability, and ease of use. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tsnider

WKR
i have the summit ss ball head that i put a manfrotto befree head on. i read the vortex pan head is decent. i use it with the newer(heavier) vortex 65mm and it works great. this past weekend was the first time i used it in heavy wind. works really well. they are also covered by the vortex warranty and dont weigh much!

Phoneskope image taken in heavy wind.
102fe11432bab20cc3b481940a594862.jpg
6ee4c187c4590eab8b384be916b84cca.jpg

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Summit SS with either a Manfrotto ball head or Benro S2 head as my backpack tripod and it works great. Really disliked the little head that came on it. It's serviceable but barely to me. If you are near Kennewick/Wenatchee you are welcome to take a look or borrow it.

I have one that I use with my binos. I also have a custom built rifle rest for it that I shoot off of. No issues yet.

OP
PNW_outdoorssman
Thanks for the replies. Looks like im gonna go with the ss summit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RoJo

WKR
I use the Summit SS-P as my backpack tripod, including the factory pan head. I don't have a ton of time behind it yet, but so far I think it's just fine.