Vortex UHD vs Swarovski

Drew

FNG
Has anyone here spent some time using Vortex UHD binos or Swarovski binos. How do the UHD compare to swarovski?

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Give me a call tomorrow, I have had quite a bit of experience comparing different models, both in our shop and in the field. Happy to share my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
I guarantee, in a Vortex vs Swaro scenario where resell is involved, you'll take a beating on Vortex resell values. How anyone could choose Vor.tex over Swaro when price is virtually the same is beyond me.

What if the vortex were $500 less?

JGRaider

WKR
You'll still take a bath on resell. There's a guy on the classified's selling a 8x42 UHD and there are not takers at $1300. Then again, you can practically buy a used SLC HD for that. These UHD's are at a terrible price point for a Vortex.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’ve compared UHDs and HDs. The UHDs are better. I haven’t compared to swaro but there are some reviews in the forum that have and they appear to be pretty close. As far as what $500 is worth, that is up to the buyer I think.

amassi

WKR
I look at it like this -
Would you buy a set of swaros for $500... of course you would. Easy choice

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
Real world prices is a little over $500 diff between the SLC and UHD.

You'll still take a bath on resell. There's a guy on the classified's selling a 8x42 UHD and there are not takers at $1300. Then again, you can practically buy a used SLC HD for that. These UHD's are at a terrible price point for a Vortex.

amassi

WKR
I personally don’t understand these arguments. The poster is asking if anyone has looked through these. Two people have said yes and provided feedback. Everyone else is talking about resell and just bashing vortex.
Not bashing vortex but you have a known commodity in Swarovski- its alpha glass, top of the line
Vortex- new glass, on market for 1 season. Aggressive prove point for vortex
I've looked through both in hunting situations, not the store and the vortex is in line with sub $1k offerings like zeiss conquest, cabelas euro(meopta) etc.
The vortex are very nice just not alpha glass yet and again imo not worthy of $1500.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PHo

WKR
I’ve only tried the UHDs in store back to back with the SLCs but IMO they definitely do not compare well with the SLCs at all. For the price there’s no question I would choose the SLCs hands down.

Has anyone here spent some time using Vortex UHD binos or Swarovski binos. How do the UHD compare to swarovski?

I spent a short time behind them last week. Compared current gen UHD, SLC HD and EL’s. Everything they had at the store. I’ve been glassing with Swarovski for 20 years. In common hunting magnification, I walked away thinking they were impressive:

18 power - UHD 18x56 - great piece of glass. Could see it being very popular and selling well for multiple purposes. I have access to the SLC and SLC HD 15’s and would not buy it over the SLC HD 15’s personally. But if I were going the Vortex route, I would definitely own it.

12 power - EL 12x50 > UHD 12x50 - the UHD feels similar to the HD model, slightly better. Not EL level. If you need a 12x, it’s very good.

10 power - EL 10x42 > UHD 10x50 > UHD 10x42 > SLC 10x42. The 10x50’s are stunning. Stable, solid in the hand. Immersive view, bright, closest to the EL 10x42. Still lightweight but not too light. My favor it’s of the day.

8 power - EL 8x32 > UHD 8x42. I preferred the UHD 10x42 to the SLC 10x42 even.

Overall, I got along best with the UHD 18x56, 10x50, and 8X42.

rodney482

WKR
I dont think they make the UHD in 10x50

I spent a short time behind them last week. Compared current gen UHD, SLC HD and EL’s. Everything they had at the store. I’ve been glassing with Swarovski for 20 years. In common hunting magnification, I walked away thinking they were impressive:

18 power - UHD 18x56 - great piece of glass. Could see it being very popular and selling well for multiple purposes. I have access to the SLC and SLC HD 15’s and would not buy it over the SLC HD 15’s personally. But if I were going the Vortex route, I would definitely own it.

12 power - EL 12x50 > UHD 12x50 - the UHD feels similar to the HD model, slightly better. Not EL level. If you need a 12x, it’s very good.

10 power - EL 10x42 > UHD 10x50 > UHD 10x42 > SLC 10x42. The 10x50’s are stunning. Stable, solid in the hand. Immersive view, bright, closest to the EL 10x42. Still lightweight but not too light. My favor it’s of the day.

8 power - EL 8x32 > UHD 8x42. I preferred the UHD 10x42 to the SLC 10x42 even.

Overall, I got along best with the UHD 18x56, 10x50, and 8X42.