Vortex USA production rumor

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
A little birdy told me that Vortex will be moving at least a portion of its production from China back to USA very soon. Any one else hear anything like this? That would sure be awesome!!!! They are headquartered in Middleton, WI so maybe there is some truth. I know I am holding off on a few purchases to see if this pans out. I would much rather have Made in USA stamped on my binos than China.

I have a local dealer that told me that last year... He said Vortex had an issue with the ship being held up in customs and cost them big time.... I also heard they started building the facility to do so.... for what thats worth

Shrek

WKR
A lot of companies are coming home. Many left the USA without really understanding all the minuses. Long inventory lead times. Long time for product changes , intellectual property theft , poor quality control , high transportation cost , corruption , ect. The weak dollar and low energy cost are are accelerating the move home. Most low tech highly labor intensive products will stay offshore but many things are coming home.

Vortex will be moving at least a portion of its production from China back to USA

Wouldn't that imply that at one time, Vortex actually had some production in the USA? Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't Vortex products always been made overseas (China, Japan, etc.)?

ElkNut1

WKR
As far as a possible in the States move is concerned aside from their present WI location, it's no more than a rumor, that's straight from Vortex! Thanks!

ElkNut1

ElkNut1

WKR
No sir, there is no move in place! Vortex is very happy with the way things are going so no reason to change a thing. Thanks.

ElkNut/Paul

OP
G

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for digging into that ElkNut, and sorry to partake in the gossip/rumor mill. I live in WI, and actually heard that from multiple sources locally before I considered digging into it. Sorry everone!