Vortex Viper 3-9x40 - worth the sale price ($199)?

Thanks for the offer. I keep looking on shelves and in several on-line stores and “out of stock with no back order” seems to be the story. I found one cyber spot that listed it a month or so ago but wasn’t sure they were legit.
Hornady Superformance Varmint, .222 in 50 grain V-Max.

Edit: May have just found some on-line

Last edited:

Deepwoods

FNG
For anyone looking at this thread. I recently purchased a viper 3-9x40 with BDC and mounted it on a tikka t3x lite 308. I performed the one shot zero method mentioned. Check alignment of the scope through the bore on the target, fire one round, set scope to zero by moving the cross haris....sighted. I rezeroed the dials and never touched it again. Took it out to 200 yards. Held 1.75" group consistently at 200. 100 yards was bullseye hits only. I cycled 25 rounds total. So far, I am very impressed with this scope and the clarity on a cloudy day. I am not overly picky on optics but I like mid level, usable equipment, ie I can compromise. I will see how it fairs with use and hunting next year. Good luck to anyone looking!

bigdrumnc

FNG
I just found this thread. It’s my first post! Are you guys still happy with the viper 3x9x40? I just ordered one from sportsman’s for 199$. I figured it was a heck of a buy. I called vortex and they verified I was the same quality as the rest of the viper line.

Deepwoods

FNG
I have been very pleased with mine over the past year. I’ve compared it with much more expensive scopes and haven’t been disappointed. Would I like more magnification, of course, but for the weight and my hunting style it’s more than enough scope. Solid scope out to 300+ yards for me.