Vortex Viper 65 HD vs Nikon Fieldscope III 60 non-ED?

Lawlu

FNG
Anyone put these two up together and viewed them thoughout the zoom range?
I current have the Nikon with 20-60x zoom and looking at the swapping for the Vortex HD because I can almost do a straight swap. Is the HD glass and the Vortex warranty worth it? I livein Canada and Nikon does not provide the $10 no fault warranty.

dotman

WKR
Yup, I would say the warranty alone is worth it. I have not heard good things about the nikon and the 1 I looked thru last year I did not like. I have heard nothing but good on thw entire viper hd line.

Hardstalk

WKR
I have the viper 65 hd its a great scope and to my eyes the hd glass is brilliant only catch is probably with any mid range scope its very difficult to get amazing clarity completely thru the entire zoom cycle unless you go with the real high end stuff. Ex. Swaro, leica i begin to notice loss of clarity around 85-90% of full zoom dont get me wrong its not blurred to the point of unusable just not as clear as the lower magnification zoom. ( without previously educating myself i would probably not notice it) and like i said this evaluation is thru my eyes wich are not the greatest. And i have never looked thru a fieldscope to compare the two.