Vortex Viper HD vs Vanguard Endeavor ED IV (10x42's)

I've been happily using a pair of Vortex Diamondback 10x42's for a couple of years but my wife has decided that they are hers, so I get to upgrade. I've toyed with a pair of something mid-range premium like Leica Trinovids or Zeiss Conquest HD, but with recent events and financial uncertainty, I think I can more easily justify something lower priced.

I don't see the Vanguards talked about much here. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? I also haven't completely ruled out Maven C1's. So assume that all three are the same price, which way do you go and why? Thanks in advance.

I’ve owned a couple Swarovski ELS (8.5x42 and 10x42 fieldpro) Leica Geovid Range, along with a whole host of midpriced glass (Swaro 8x30, Minox, Leupold ProGuide, Vortex Vulture) and low end (Diamondbacks, Wingspan).

I never loved the mid-priced glass and even preferred the low end as I would get headaches from them.

Honestly, I love the wingspan 8x42...huge field of view, bright, sharp and $120 on Amazon I think. I’ll get another alpha glass again soon, but probably only another Swaro EL in 12x50....Swaro does much better on FOV than many competitors (Nikon, Maven..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
zion zig zag
I'd love to have a chance to compare a bunch, seems even harder these days with most showrooms closed.

Anyway, I think a better question may have been: "why don't you hear much about Vanguards?" They get good reviews on allbinos.com.

Check the reviews out on these...I’ve heard phenomenal things about the glass they use..I believe it is Schott glass same as used in Zeiss