Vortex vs Leopold rangefinder

standard_lengthy

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at Leupold rx3 full draw or a vortex ranger 1300. Mostly archery 3~d bow hunting and up to 300 yd rifle. Pros cons, any experiences.? Upgrading from a Nikon golf rangefinder with a one touch battery eject

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leupold has better glass and is very high quality and made in the us vortex however has a lifetime warranty and is made in japan

Have only used the ranger between those two. It has red illuminated screen lettering and a clip which are the two features I like most. Has been accurate for me.

Rich M

WKR
I have a Luepold 1200 and its been good to me.

Vortex does however have anlifetime warranty where Luepy’s warranty is only a year or two.

Verify this but for that reason alone id go vortex.

all leupold gold ring and rangefinders are made in beaverton Oregon and vortex is made in japan china and Philippines

Jsaw87

FNG
I ran a vortex impact 1000 for 2 seasons while my brother had an inexpensive Leupold. I was lucky to range animals past about 400yds while his Leupold routinely ranged animals out to 800ish. I sold the vortex to a buddy that only archery hunts and picked up a Leica 2700B.

josef

FNG
all leupold gold ring and rangefinders are made in beaverton Oregon and vortex is made in japan china and Philippines
I am not doubting you have been told that about Leupold LRFs but I can tell you that is 100% incorrect information. Leupold makes their riflescopes in Beaverton but the vast majority of their observation products are imported. Both the LRFs you referenced were made in China.

had a RX1000 that the screen went super dim/unusable after about 3 years. Leupold wasn't willing to fix. Have had a couple ranger 1300s and now a razor 4000 and so far all have been reliable and no issues. I don't love buying vortex, but with their warranty for RFs I went with them.

wapitibob

WKR
Last I was told, by a leupold employee, there were 3 companies making the boards for rangefinders and none of them were in the USA.

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
While I don't have any experience with the bow rangefinders, I looked at rangefinders extensively before picking my Leopold. I chose the RX-1200 with illuminated retical. I compared it to the Vortex Razor. (And others at cabelas).

One thing that I noticed about Vortex. I was ranging a mount on the far wall and the range fingers were all at 41-42 yards. But the Vortex Razor was at like 45 yds! A +/- of 4 yds!

I was worried about going to extender ranges and being off by 10-30 yds off out to 500-600 yds. Kinda disappointing because I love all my Vortex optics. All my scopes are Vortex FFPs and I have a set of 10x42 Gen 1 Razors as my backup binos, so I really like their products. But I also think Leupold (while more expensive ARE brighter, but also more expensive.)

So I went with the Leupold. I figured if I didn't have the right range, nothing else mattered.