Vortex vs leupold vs Maven

Pettit877

FNG
I’m looking for some advice. I looking for a mid range price bino and deciding between the vortex viper hd, leupold bx-4, and the maven c1 all in 10x42. Curious what everyone’s take is on the three and what they would choose

Eric

I currently own the vortex and maven that you are speaking of. I have used the vortex for the past three years and enjoyed them. Love the body of the bino. I just bought the mavens in December of this past year. I haven't been able to fully test them out. I will let shed, scouting, and hunting season tell me what I think. Initially, I don't enjoy the eye cups. However, the edge to edge clarity is substantially better in the mavens. I don't have experience with leopold or the meopta. Good luck!

Maven C1 no question for me. Noticeably better than Vortex Viper quality. I just spotted an elk herd yesterday with them that were really far away and watched them run away after some hikers showed up. The clarity is really good and light gathering as well. I have no complaints.

I have a Vortex Viper spotter and it's night and day in quality between that and the Mavens. I have buddies with Vortex binos I've used.

Look at the Amazon reviews for further confirmation. They are stellar.

The Maven B1 10x42s smoke the Razor 10x42s. They are much better.

Edit:
I just saw you were looking at the C1 vs the viper. I don't have experince with either other than a brief look through a buddy's C1 10x42 and was impressed. They are lighter too, The weigth is my only gripe on the B1s.

Rodéo

WKR
Get the Mavens.
I've had the mavens and vortex glass you're talking about and there is no comparison in terms of optical clarity, consistency, and durability between those two. I've looked through the leupold's and the glass was at least as good as the maven C.1 (given it was in a showroom setting so the room was well lit). But at that price point (around 300 for the demo) I've yet to see a bino that beats the C.1, and i've tried, a lot.
If you're willing to go up slightly in price (about $500-$600) I recommend the meopta meopros or the tract torics. Whichever one you can find cheaper. The torics are truly underrated and at demo price ($470 I think) they are superb. The meopro are really outstanding glass and probably are of the best quality out of all these binos mentioned but the ergonomics didn't agree with me (awkward to hold, eye cup didn't fit me well) but others I've talked to love the ergonomics and have no issues with them.

sndmn11

WKR
I spent an archery season with the BX4 and the C1s, the Leupolds (Japan made) mentioned top the Philippine made C1s and the Chinese made Vortex pretty handily. This is coming from a a household with now five B series Mavens.