Vortex vs Leupold

BluMtn

WKR
I will through this out for you. Sig Sauer Whiskey 5 in 3x15-52. Dvor has them on sale right now for under $1000. They have one with the milling hunter reticle which is my favorite. I run the 5x25s and they are a very good scope. It is funny about 5 or 6 years ago I had a run in with Vortex with a warranty issue and I made a statement about it on a couple forums and was chastised about not knowing anything. As the years have progressed it seems that I was correct in my assumptions.

Marble

WKR
I have several leupold and vortex scopes. As far as toughness goes I haven't had either fail or loose zero while hunting. I have dropped them, fell on them, had horses go dow etc.. They sit in the safe for most of year, come out and they are still at zero.
Side by side I give my choice to the leupold for clarity and brightness at all magnifications.

Customer service is both equal. Both companies have gone above and beyond to help me out when in a pinch.

I do not look or put as much weight into clarity for my hunting scopes. I have never had a situation where one scope would have beaten the other when it came to killing an animal. For scopes in the $600-$1000 range it's too close to call.

You would be better served by keeping what you got, or buying something less than $1000 and getting some top end binos from Swaro.

Ashue2214

FNG
FWIW I have vortex diamondback binoculars that have been great for the price point. But I tried a viper scope 4-5 years ago and I though the low light visibility was terrible. Returned it and bought a vx-3i and haven’t looked back.

Love my Leupold stuff but I’ve had issues with them as well. No company is immune from problems

Same thing I went through. Had the 4-16 Diamondback just like you and wanted an upgrade. I believe the VX3i is optically better than the Viper HS series based on the in store and out of store tests I did. However I ended up with the Viper HS (couldn't get the B&C reticle from BPS and had gift cards to use). I am not displeased with it, but sometimes wonder if I should have purchased the Leupy anyways and used my GC on something else.

I bought a VX3i to try out with option to return for free. Great looking scope and glass, but the eye relief seemed pretty unforgiving compared to my Vortex Viper VPR-M-03BDC which is a MUCH less expensive scope. Not saying there might not be a lot of quality to justify the difference, but was a little disappointed with this aspect of the VX.

Leupold Vx-3 (for best lightwieght option) Im also quite the fan of the (disc'd) but still available Vortex Razor HD LH (2x10x40) a couple more ounces and maybe 100ish more bucks then leupold for HD glass with monster eye relief.

Bdub627

FNG
I tend to like leupold more for every piece of equipment... but just can’t seem to steer away from vortex with the warranty option