Vortex vs Zeiss

dotman

WKR
Ok for the same price, which would you get?

Last edited:

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
When I was in that spot, I went with the Razor 85HD.

The scope I sold to fund the purchase? A 15-45X65 Diascope FL. This was the previous gen Diascope, however.

Both spotters provide spectacular images overall, The Razor will just make use of exit pupil advantage at similar powers to the smaller Diascope.

The Diascope 85 TFL, however, may well be the finest hunting spotter currently available (The Kowa 88 is not really designed for hunters).

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
If I was getting the Diascope 85, I would get the big eyepiece. Go big or go home.

I have never regretted getting the Razor HD...

But I may look into the big Diascope myself.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
Great question, I have not owned the Vortex but I have tested it outside when I was purchasing and It has great glass and clearity. With that said I went with the Ziess 85 with the larger eye peice 20-75 this scope is great the clearity is fantastic and having the extra range is great. It carries it edge to edge with great contrast and color definition.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
You are referring to the retractable Meopta? Optically it is very nice with a nice flat field, excellent contrast, and good resolution. I understand that a guy can use them in the field without issue, but weatherproof sealing is a deal-breaker for me.

The Zen seems like a great deal.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Haha, nope keeping it. Probably won't get anything else for this season.

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my Razor HD 85mm spotter and it is amazing! I have been looking at elk by my house the last couple nights. I got it shipped to my door bran new from ElkNut cheeper than the price you have listed. Get a hold of ElkNut and he will hook you up.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
You will not regret that purchase! Hell that little guy is one of the reasons holding me back from getting a big spotter. I know I will only use the big spotter for hiking, digiscoping and sheep.