Vortex warrant turnaround time ?

Logestagg

FNG
I have had vortex binos for years but never sent in for warranty repair. My Diamondback 12x50 have a lot of slop and clicking in the focus adjuster. I was wondering what typical turnaround time has been for anyone mailing in their binos for repair ?

If memory serves me correctly, I believe that I got my spotting scope back from them in less than two weeks from the time I sent it.

I had a minor battery spring replaced on a range fonder. I called and told them i leave for a trip in one week. The emailed me a next day air shipping lable. I sent it they fixed it and next dayed it back i think i sent it on a monday and had it wednesday night. But it wasnt a crazy fix. Id just call and explain your situation and see what they do for ya

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
Sent some in a few weeks ago, called them on the 6th business day to check. They weren't looked at yet according to the person answering the phone, she said she'd let me know. The next day, they were on their way back.

OP
L

Logestagg

FNG
Those are some impressive turn around times. I’m wondering if a clicky and sloppy adjustment knob qualifies for a repair?

I just got a pair back in less than 2 weeks. My repair was pretty minor—one eye cup frozen in the extended position.

I might add that the binos I sent in weren’t even Vortex; they were 20-year old Eagle Optics, a company that went out of business years ago but had some association with Vortex. Pretty rad of Vortex to take care of them for me, and just in time for hunting season!

D S 319

WKR
I’d send them in and let the professionals decide what needs done with them!

Longest I’ve waited for a repair is a week, quickest I’ve had was 3 days. All repairs they have paid next day shipping both ways for me.

nobody

WKR
Never waited longer than 2 weeks. They can help if you're in a pickle, just call them up. They're good people and will do what they can to take care of you.

You're wondering if the following is covered:
Those are some impressive turn around times. I’m wondering if a clicky and sloppy adjustment knob qualifies for a repair?

Legitimately, they'll cover EVERYTHING but intentional damage or a stolen optic. And unlike so many other companies in today's world, they don't look for reasons to NOT warranty something. If they can figure out how to repair/replace, they'll justify it and take care of you.

I don't run any of their rifle scopes, and won't until they build one that is impact tested to maintain zero per Form's testing (love me some SWFA!). But almost EVERYTHING else I use is from Vortex, because I know they'll take care of me in a pinch. Can't say the same thing about any other company I've dealt with, including one of the "big dogs."

Call them up, you'll be surprised how well they can take care of you.

505Wapiti

WKR
I just went through this with my Razor HD 12x50 and a pair of crossfire 12x50s. My son broke the left eye cup on the crossfires and I was having a hard time with focus adjuster on the Razors after a while. I called Vortex and spoke with their service on 8/25 and told them we had a hunt and were leaving 10/4, she said no problem. They emailed me a return label and I sent them back 8/26 and got an email 8/29 that they had received them and their repair tech would asses. 8/30 got an email saying my items were being sent back to me, and I was like wow that’s fast. 9/3 got a package from Vortex, open it and there are two brand new pair in box with all accessories and on the repair document it said “unable to repair, replaced with new current model free of charge 100% warranty covered”. They aren’t Swaro’s but they work great for me and my son, and with that kind of warranty they were worth the expense to me. I have zero complaints and nothing but praise for the way I was treated as a customer.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
The Vortex warranty is likely the best in the business. I have had the same experience as documented here.