Vortex

Ucsdryder

WKR
I bought a LHT 3-15x44 a few months back and liked it so much I bought another for my backup rifle. So far it’s been everything I could hope for and more. Glass is clear, reticle is great, the tracking and RTZ has been spot on and all in a 19oz package.

I had it out this weekend and was micro tuning the elevation. I had to take the top cap off the turret to set the zero stop, which btw is ingenious, and I had tightened it so hard the last time when I went to take it off the screwdriver slipped and I gouged the crap out of it. I told myself what a dipshit I was and moved on.

I called vortex this morning, explained what happened and it was my fault for not using a coin and instead using a screw driver and told them I’d like to purchase a new cap. That’s not an option I was told, but we’ll send you one for free. Nope, my fault, not going to take one for free. I was told again it was part of their warranty and they insisted. And they wanted my t shirt size to throw in a free shirt. Come on! Anyway, I know we all realize how great their service is but its a good reminder of just how far they’ll go.

And anybody that thinks they’re provide that warranty because “they sell inferior products and you’ll need it” should check out that LHT.

Thanks again guys!

JakeSCH

WKR
I bought a LHT 3-15x44 a few months back and liked it so much I bought another for my backup rifle. So far it’s been everything I could hope for and more. Glass is clear, reticle is great, the tracking and RTZ has been spot on and all in a 19oz package.

I had it out this weekend and was micro tuning the elevation. I had to take the top cap off the turret to set the zero stop, which btw is ingenious, and I had tightened it so hard the last time when I went to take it off the screwdriver slipped and I gouged the crap out of it. I told myself what a dipshit I was and moved on.

I called vortex this morning, explained what happened and it was my fault for not using a coin and instead using a screw driver and told them I’d like to purchase a new cap. That’s not an option I was told, but we’ll send you one for free. Nope, my fault, not going to take one for free. I was told again it was part of their warranty and they insisted. And they wanted my t shirt size to throw in a free shirt. Come on! Anyway, I know we all realize how great their service is but its a good reminder of just how far they’ll go.

And anybody that thinks they’re provide that warranty because “they sell inferior products and you’ll need it” should check out that LHT.

Thanks again guys!

Good to know. I did the exact same thing to mine...I may have to give them a call now.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks again guys!

Thanks for sharing.

They truly want people’s business and work for it.

I’ve had binos and scopes from them for over 5 years and haven’t used the warranty yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fogalo

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing.

They truly want people’s business and work for it.

I’ve had binos and scopes from them for over 5 years and haven’t used the warranty yet.

You’re lucky. I’ve had to warranty 3 different products (2 razors and a viper) a total of four times total. Twice were catastrophic failures that the optics were unusable. (Viper scope had internal fogging that you couldn’t see past 30 yards, razor binos the focus wheel started to grind one day and then a day later it snapped and that was it.)

I live close to vortex hq. Have had great experiences with the folks there. Point being I’ve got every reason to like their glass. It just hasn’t held up.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You’re lucky. I’ve had to warranty 3 different products (2 razors and a viper) a total of four times total. Twice were catastrophic failures that the optics were unusable. (Viper scope had internal fogging that you couldn’t see past 30 yards, razor binos the focus wheel started to grind one day and then a day later it snapped and that was it.)

I live close to vortex hq. Have had great experiences with the folks there. Point being I’ve got every reason to like their glass. It just hasn’t held up.

Dang!

Thanks again guys!
Gotta love the warranty. They covered me several times.