Vortex’s Warranty...let’s see how good it really is.

OP
Y
I hear all the hype about no fault warranty and replacement optics no questions asked.

Where vortex loses me is failure at the moment I need it the most.

I run swarovski binoculars and a Kowa spotter. Yeah they have dam good warranties even if I do something stupid they will work with me.

Having never needed to use my warranties with them and having alpha optics that I can rely on will keep my money with Swarovski and kowa.

can’t fault that thinking. Eventually I’ll own another Zeiss spotting scope or Kowa and I’ll own some alpha binos, but for now, my razor will have to do. Just delays the purchase by a year or two, but it’s better to have decent than Nothing.

OP
Y
I have said this before in another thread but will repeat it again hoping to save a least one person some Vortex misery.

Yes they will warranty all their products regardless of the damage. In my case "I" damaged my razor bino's while coyote hunting and called them to send them in. By this time Vortex had upgraded their model line to the HDs. And as I mentioned in my post my razors were some of the first ones shipped out after they started selling them. When Vortex received them I received an Email from them stating they would replace them due to the damage.

I called Vortex and ask the CS rep that since they know longer build the old style razor could I pay for an upgrade to the HD razor. Her reply was that is not how it works. I once again stated that I was willing to pay for an upgrade. The CS lady stated that they would send me a like model to which I responded that you do not build this model anymore. Her response to that was they have some binos that they use in the R&D and quality control area that they will send.

About a week later I received my warrantied razors and upon examination you could see that they had been handled with some scuff marks on the barrels, but the glass was ok. I had written the serial number of my set down for reference because mine were pre-order bino's and when I checked the serial number on my replacements they were older that the set I had sent in by a large margin. That is why I am no longer a choir boy for Vortex.

interesting. Very interesting.

OP
Y
Crazy! My buddies binos burned in his house during a wildfire and vortex replaced them. Their warranty is bomb proof.
What ammo was your buddy using on that Ruger American? It's a good gun. He shot quite a group! Working on setting up my son's Ruger American in 7mm-08 with a vortex diamondback. Looking for some good ammo to run through it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
White box Winchester fmj 147 that is 7.62x51 nato from the black ammo can. No lies.

I hear all the hype about no fault warranty and replacement optics no questions asked.

Where vortex loses me is failure at the moment I need it the most.

I run swarovski binoculars and a Kowa spotter. Yeah they have dam good warranties even if I do something stupid they will work with me.

Having never needed to use my warranties with them and having alpha optics that I can rely on will keep my money with Swarovski and kowa.

Last I checked, Vortex warranty doesn’t reimburse your gas, pto, tag, and time spent on the hunt. Nor does any warranty for that matter - so why are people buying a product based on warranty?

Id rather buy a product that people aren’t raving about their warranty process and instead are raving about how great the product is. Lots of people talking about the warranty means that lots of people have to use it. Not something I’m looking for when it comes to optics

JGRaider

WKR
Last I checked, Vortex warranty doesn’t reimburse your gas, pto, tag, and time spent on the hunt. Nor does any warranty for that matter - so why are people buying a product based on warranty?

Id rather buy a product that people aren’t raving about their warranty process and instead are raving about how great the product is. Lots of people talking about the warranty means that lots of people have to use it. Not something I’m looking for when it comes to optics

Amen. This is where the rubber meets the road.

260madman

WKR
I dont even need to click play.... i could get a good look at a tbone steak by sticking my head up a bulls ass but id rather take the butchers word for it

Im thinking this is the part about putting a piece of poop in a box and marking it guaranteed so you have a guaranteed piece of poop.

I cleaned it up from the original so I don’t get my pee pee slapped by a mod.

Warranty is a slippery slope sometimes.. For so many people to rave about a warranty you would think that means that there are a lot of issues with them. I have heard of people having mishaps and Vortex swapping them with no issue where another manufacturer might consider it negligent use and not cover it.

Forest

WKR
Warranty is a slippery slope sometimes.. For so many people to rave about a warranty you would think that means that there are a lot of issues with them. I have heard of people having mishaps and Vortex swapping them with no issue where another manufacturer might consider it negligent use and not cover it.
It seems as tho if there is any doubt or much labor involved they just replace it. If a company can afford to just give away replacements for someone not paying attention and running over their binos with a pickup, what kind of quality parts can they afford to put into the original product?? Somehow they need to recoup those costs and with vortex its certainly not by charging more upfront, therefore they gotta make up for it with cheap overseas labor and inferior parts imo.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Qchunter

FNG
I have several Vortex optics and have had to send binos and spotter back for issues. Binos had what I thought was a quality issue with the focus and the spotter had an eye piece come loose. The optics have performed and work for me in the past but now that I’m a little more financial set this is the next area that I plan to upgrade out of vortex.