Vote on Best Elk Photo, sponsored by Kifaru

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK all, with 20 votes for @KyleSS vs. the 17 for wyomntpounder (as of the time I'm posting this), I put KyleSS up as a finalist in the poll.

(Fun fact, KyleSS now has a finalist in both the Mule Deer and the Elk contests. Nice work man!)

For those who say too many backpack elk photos, notice that in the poll the typical grip-n-grin whole elk aren't getting the votes the backpack votes are. Roksliders dream of putting really heavy things on their backs and elk fit the bill nicely! But I do hear you and is why I'm adding another whole elk photo picked by the members in the poll.

Let's see how KyleSS photo does. The poll does allow you to change your vote if you'd rather move it now that there is a new finalist. Not sure exactly how you change votes as I'm in admin mode, but if it's a problem, stay tuned, a Rokslider will figure it out

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys, looks like voting is closed. As soon as @Jskaanland has some time to check that all votes we're within rules, I'll announce the winners.

And I don't like to be an "I told you so guy" but once again I'm reminded that for whatever reason, the full body grip-n-grin pics don't win this contest. They don't even get into the single digit %, and I thought those three that were in this year's line up were top notch.

What can we say, Roksliders like to put heavy things on their backs and take photos....

OK Roksliders, our staff has voted on the top 10 photos from the entry thread (here)

This is the 5th year of this contest. Our friends at Kifaru have put up a $750 Gift Certificate for 1st place again this year!!!!
That's 750 Washington's to roll out in the Kifaru Store with no smack-talkin' from the bride (or hubby for you ladies!)

2nd place will be the ever-popular-but-often-out-of-stock Rokslide Kill Kit

Now it's your turn to vote!

Only votes from Rokslide members with accounts registered by 12/21/20 will be counted towards winners (the fairest way to pick a winner), although those late votes will still show up in the poll.

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified.

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest. And @Ryan Avery will ban you.

To note: Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you want to vote

I'll only be using the official poll to award the winners- comment votes won't count (but of course we welcome your comments)

The poll is open until about January 5th, 2021.

Here are the finalists in no particular order.

The member's name listed at top of each photo is shown in the poll above

sandhillhunter
View attachment 244934

Hank
View attachment 244935

Stephmae

View attachment 244940

ChrisAU
View attachment 244939

psinclair
View attachment 244941

Jeffweaver4
View attachment 244945

jr8fish
View attachment 244946

thefever
View attachment 244947

6.5x284
View attachment 244948

KyleSS
View attachment 245514
TheFever and KyleSS has got some STUDS. Great pics!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK sorry for the delay. We checked all the votes to make sure they were legit, and it’s all good.

The Kifaru gift certificate for $750 goes to @Hank

and the rokslide kill kit goes to,
@jr8fish

Congrats guys on some great photos. And fun fact: @jr8fish has won or placed three years in a row in this contest!

If you two winners could fire me a PM with your email addresses, I’ll get your prizes headed your way. please respond within 10 days.

Thanks for everyone who participated in the vote, and for everyone who submitted a photo.

And a great big thanks to Kifaru!

let’s get ready for the 2021 contest!

Hank

FNG
Wow! Thank you to everyone who voted and to everyone who entered photos into this contest. Lots of good pictures all around! A big thank you to Rokslide for having this forum for research, advice and as a platform to share our stories and photos with the hunting community. And of course, thank you to Kifaru. I am a huge fan of their packs already and look forward to updating my gear.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Thank you to everyone who voted and to everyone who entered photos into this contest. Lots of good pictures all around! A big thank you to Rokslide for having this forum for research, advice and as a platform to share our stories and photos with the hunting community. And of course, thank you to Kifaru. I am a huge fan of their packs already and look forward to updating my gear.

hey you’re welcome. Congratulations. I’ll watch for your email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk