Vote on the Best Youth Hunt Photo 2020

Vote on the best Youth Hunt photo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Roksliders, here goes.

First, big thanks to @TheCougar for leading the charge on this contest.

For the winner, our friends at Western Edge Gear put up a Western Edge Bullion Pack (reviewed here)

Our staff has voted on the top 10 photos from the entry thread (here)

Now it's your turn to vote in the poll at top of this thread. To note: Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you want to vote

Only votes from Rokslide members with accounts registered by 1/1/21 will be counted towards winners (the fairest way to pick a winner), although those late votes will still show up in the poll.

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified.

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest. And @Ryan Avery will ban you.

I'll only be using the official poll to award the winners- comment votes won't count (but of course we welcome your comments)

The poll is open until January 16th, 2021.

Here are the finalists in no particular order.

The screen name of whoever entered the photo is listed at top of each photo is shown in the poll above.

Finey18
Finey18.jpeg

AK Troutbum
AK Troutbum.jpg

jjdub
jjdub.jpg

dguthrie85
dguthrie85.jpg

NoTasker
NoTasker.jpg

Winnie
Winnie.jpg

NPhunter
NPhunter.jpeg

Yellowknife
Yellowknife.JPG

Hammnit
Hammnit.jpg

Jimbob
Jimbob.jpg

Last edited:

Laramie

WKR
Winnie gets my vote. Several amazing pictures but he was the only one wearing orange. I'm a stickler for safety, especially during the pics after harvest.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK all, thanks for the votes.

@Jskaanland will take a look and make sure all were submitted according to the rules then I'll announce the winner later this week.

Thanks!

Finey18

FNG
Thanks to Western Edge Gear for sponsoring the youth competition. My son was excited to have even been picked for the contest.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks to Western Edge Gear for sponsoring the youth competition. My son was excited to have even been picked for the contest.
No problem. I’m always glad to see kids get outside, set goals, work hard, and have success. They won’t remember the video games and participation trophies, but they’ll always remember their hunting experiences.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, @Jskaanland certified that all votes were legit so indeed it was @Jimbob with the winning photo!

Jimbob (1).jpg

So Jimbob, if you can hit me with a PM with your ship-to address, I'll get you hooked up with Western Edge Gear to get this pack coming. Please respond within 10 days.

Thanks again to Western Edge, @TheCougar and all who took the time to submit a photo and for voting.

Here's to our future!

-Rokslide Staff

Jimbob

WKR
Thank you so much Rokslide/Robby and Western Edge, my boy is very excited about this pack. His two younger sisters behind him will use it as well.

Also, as a teacher, we do hiking trips where I lend out my gear to students so this pack will get lots of use. Thanks again.

If anyone wants to check out the story behind the photo then here is the link

12 yr old's first Stone Sheep

And a HUGE congrats to all the youth in this contest, some amazing animals and experiences shown.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thank you so much Rokslide/Robby and Western Edge, my boy is very excited about this pack. His two younger sisters behind him will use it as well.

Also, as a teacher, we do hiking trips where I lend out my gear to students so this pack will get lots of use. Thanks again.

If anyone wants to check out the story behind the photo then here is the link

12 yr old's first Stone Sheep

And a HUGE congrats to all the youth in this contest, some amazing animals and experiences shown.
Sounds like the pack will get a good workout. I look forward to hearing how it holds up, and contact me via PM, email, or phone anytime if you have questions or suggestions for improvement.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hey for you finalists and winner, I just posted these photos on our Instagram page. If you would like me to tag you, just post your Instagram handle on here and I’ll get it done. Might be fun for the kids to see their picture out there on the ‘gram too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Tagged you @Winnie & @nphunter and @AK Troutbum , I found your son's tag in the comments from someone else, so tagged him too. Sorry his photo on IG uploaded so blurry, not sure what happened and I can't fix it now that it's uploaded.

anyone else?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The 2021 Youth Photo contest, sponsored by Western Edge Gear, is live here: