VPA three blade broadhead

SDHNTR

WKR
I'll take razor sharp bomb proof right outta the box... Muzzy. I don't shoot broadheads through plywood and 55 gallon drums. I shoot my broadheads through animals and I want them to be razor sharp... right out of the package because I don't have the time or skill to sharpen them. I also can shoot the same broadhead I hunt with, at targets. Apples and oranges... Welcome to Rokslide (Hardcoreside) Nate. Ed F

Thanks fo the welcome. Yeah, you can shoot the same ferrule, but you have to unscrew it and you'd have to replace the blades on it to go hunting again. With mine all I have to do is hit with a stone, right on the arrow, and it's sharp again in seconds. No replacing anything and no unscrewing a head that I know already spins and flys straight. You are right, apples and oranges. I was comparing other one piece heads. There is no right or wrong way, just personal preference and I like sharpening stuff. No one is going to argue with your success using them Muzzy's! Besides, I like Michelle!

bowuntr

WKR
You don't have to unscrew the head.... just the tip..... put the razor sharp blades in and I don't have to sharpen anything. What else you got??? Ed F

JG358

WKR
What are you using to sharpen yours? I've been using a flat diamond sharpener and cannot get the hair shaving sharpness I want...perhaps a wet stone?

I've had good results using a super fine diamond stone. Light /even preasure same number of strokes per side.

bowuntr

WKR
You guys should appreciate this... Because of us we push the broadhead manufactures to build the perfect broadheads... which arguably has yet to be made.... Ed F

SDHNTR

WKR
hence the arguements...

I'm just glad Ed can bowhunt better than he fishes. We spent yesterday enjoying a day out on the big blue. Glorious day, a few fish. Ed busted off more baby yellowtail than I thought was possible. I even wore a Muzzy hat!

bowuntr

WKR
I burned all my mojo in Nevada.... funny that it took those small fish to humble me...

Matt.... not sure Dallas has enough beer for all of us.... I'm sure we are gonna have to toast a few hundred times to Jasons bull... cant wait. Ed F

I tried them a few seasons ago. They killed deer. I didn't feel with my maddening sharpening skills I could get them shaving sharp. I used the 100 gr non-vented, very quiet in flight. I went back to the slick tricks.

Is there a video out showing us how to sharpen them. And does anyone have any blood trails pics or entry and exit wound pics

PJG

WKR
I've found for me anyway to get them really popping hair sharp I have to finish them off with little to no pressure on an extra fine ceramic rod.