VX3 vs VX3i

Elite

WKR
Hello I have been wanting to buy a VX3i CDS but have recently found a used VX3 CDS at a good price. I am wondering if there is a big difference between the two scopes and if I should hold out for the VX3i. I will be also using it for sheep hunting and would like to practice out to 500 yards and was wondering if I should go with the 4.5x14 or the 3x10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure of the exact differences in the scopes you listed. A couple comments though. I have two VX3i that are a couple years old and have noticed that the new VX3i CDS models have a zero lock (new this year I think). The older ones had a zero stop with the custom CDS caps, but the MOA cap that comes stock doesn't. This almost bit us on a hunt when the elevation dial rotated pulling the rifle out of a scabbard. No idea is the older models can be easily updated with a new cap.
If it was me, I would spend more money on the newer version simply because of the new ZL feature.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That new one with the CDs zl2 seems cool as a primarily set and forget scope that you could occasionally dial. I like the idea, I’ve never seen or tried one though.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
That new one with the CDs zl2 seems cool as a primarily set and forget scope that you could occasionally dial. I like the idea, I’ve never seen or tried one though.

It appears that the VX3i is only available with the ZL (1 turn, 14.5 MOA of elevation). The ZL2 (2 turns) is on the VX5 and VX6 models.
No zero lock was my biggest complaint with the VX3i, and that's been fixed now.

I don’t dial. I have a VX3 and a VX3i both in 4.5 x 14 and can not tell any difference in the two.

Hello I have been wanting to buy a VX3i CDS but have recently found a used VX3 CDS at a good price. I am wondering if there is a big difference between the two scopes and if I should hold out for the VX3i. I will be also using it for sheep hunting and would like to practice out to 500 yards and was wondering if I should go with the 4.5x14 or the 3x10?

Sportsmen’s Warehouse had the VX-3i 3.5-10x40 CDS scopes for $330 TYD. I bought one a couple months ago, but I don’t know if the sale is still going on or not. Anyway, might be something worth looking into.

Sgtusmc14

Lil-Rokslider
84949C6F-2ADE-4345-A729-79D0C783F7BE.jpeg
the cds on my 300 wsm only goes to 600 and change. Seeing as it’s strictly a hunting rifle I’m ok with that. VX5HD gets 2 revs if your looking for the range.