VX6 HD Tracking & Other Info

treillw

WKR
Considering the vx6 hd 3-18 or the 4-24. The scopes have been around for a fair amount of time now, how do they track? I've searched around and most of the threads talking about this scope are over a year old.

Based on my rough calculations, without a 20moa rail, you should have around 38 minutes of elevation adjustment in the scope, which will be enough to get a 300 win mag to around 1200 yards. Does this sound correct?

What is the best price you have seen one of these scopes go for?

Thanks!

marktole

WKR
I've got a VX-6 HD 2-12x42. I have never done an actual tracking test with the mil/moa grid where you fire a round, and then spin the turret "x" number of times to move it a certain distance, then shoot again to confirm it is tracking correctly.

However, I can say that I've used it on a couple different rifles and every time I have zeroed it, the number of 1/4 MOA clicks it takes to bring the scope to zero has always been congruent with what it should be for the number of inches its moved. And anytime I have shot with the scope at further distances it has always seemed to track true for elevation and windage dials.

Are you concerned about only being able to get 1200 yards worth of minutes out of the scope/rifle? A 20 MOA rail can be found for less than $100, a pretty cheap investment to ensure you are getting the most out of your $1,600 scope.

DennisT

FNG
I didn't see this post, so I wrote a similar one earlier today. I'm in the same boat, and would really like to hear from someone has had a lot of experience with these scopes to find out how well they track.