VX6HD vs Ziess V6 vs NXS

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I was settled on an nxs but now I'm not so sure. Decisions, decisions....

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I would take the X5 non-Illuminated. I like that it's only 27oz. And yes NF guys it still spanks the ATACR in glass quality IMO:) But you don't need top end glass for LR shooting. But it's hard to go backwards once you do.

@Brush Buster they don't make the reticle I have anymore.
What reticle do you run in the x5 and do you ever feel limited shooting to 1000 with 18x?
Thanks for the help Ryan!

Broz

WKR
I would take the X5 non-Illuminated. I like that it's only 27oz. And yes NF guys it still spanks the ATACR in glass quality IMO:) But you don't need top end glass for LR shooting. But it's hard to go backwards once you do.

@Brush Buster they don't make the reticle I have anymore.

You calling me out ? Ha ha ha I used both extensively (ATACR and X5) Although I didn't see it when I compared on the same power setting, I will not challenge that the Swaro glass is better. At least for some. I do in fact think these slight differences can be personal eye dependent. My X5 lost zero twice in one season. It has held perfect zero since I replaced it with the ATACR. Even after the flight to Alaska getting abused by airport gorilla's. If you dig you will find where others have had this issue and some tracking issues as well. But I do feel these cases are rare. But it is much rarer to find a zero or tracking issue with a NF even if the scope is 20 yrs old. I believe, as in a true long range rifle, weight can be your friend. I don't care what scope you use, if you don't actually shoot to check your zero often, you should. ( Not Aimed at Ryan or anyone in particular) Any zero shift will be with you all the way growing in inches as you go out. I think if more people would check these type things more closely, possibly views would change and recommended choices would be narrowed.
JMO
Broz

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up finding a 5.5-22x50 nxs with a capped windage turret and bought it. I know there isn't a bad choice between the X5 and the NF but having a capped windage is nice for me since I don't see myself dialing for wind and I don't have to worry about twisting it putting it in and out of my pack on backpacking hunts. Im really rough on my stuff. I love my swaro spotter and binos but hopefully the NF lives up to its reputation.

Thanks for all the help guys it helped a lot!!!

stevevan

WKR
I ended up finding a 5.5-22x50 nxs with a capped windage turret and bought it. I know there isn't a bad choice between the X5 and the NF but having a capped windage is nice for me since I don't see myself dialing for wind and I don't have to worry about twisting it putting it in and out of my pack on backpacking hunts. Im really rough on my stuff. I love my swaro spotter and binos but hopefully the NF lives up to its reputation.

Thanks for all the help guys it helped a lot!!!
I've owned and used all 3 that were mentioned + Swarovski. I ended up with the Zeiss V6 as my scope of choice which sits on a 28 Nosler. In my mind it was the best in totality when I considered all the important factors I was looking for, those being weight, reliability, and optical quality. I may be odd man out but the least favorite was the NF. As primarily (99.9%) a hunter I believe it is too much weight to put on a carry rifle and the "chitty" glass is another issue of my concern. I use alpha glass in my Binos and spotter and when I would put down the binos and look through the NF NXS I thought I was looking through the bottom of a Coke bottle. Maybe a little quirk of mine too but I'm not crazy about "made in Japan" printed on the bottom of the scope.

6.5x284

WKR
I'll take the Zeiss V6 every time with that list. I am actually replacing my ATACR with another V6 3-18x50 in it's place. Perfect hunting scope in my opinion. Great glass, great turrets, zero stop, 110MOA elevation adjustment, no illumination, and 22oz. I like both of their reticles. I don't think there is a better scope for the money for hunting with weight as a consideration. This will be my 3rd hunting season coming up with it and it hasn't bumped zero yet despite taking falls while strapped on my pack, extreme heat, and extreme cold. Windage hasn't moved either while on my pack, although I still regularly check every time I set it down as a habit. I have been super impressed. I only wish the 5-30x model would have more elevation adjustment or I would use that on the .300

2five7

WKR
I have been thinking about scopes a lot.... It's an illness really. If Huskemaw had better glass it would be my scope of choice. Yeah, it's not perfect. But its light and the two I have used dialed well. I tried to break them.

They just launched a new 5-20 with German glass. Supposed to be replacing the entire line with the German glass eventually.

ckleeves

WKR
They just launched a new 5-20 with German glass. Supposed to be replacing the entire line with the German glass eventually.

Are they available yet? I looked around the other day and couldn’t find much info on them at all. Could be a pretty good option.

2five7

WKR
Are they available yet? I looked around the other day and couldn’t find much info on them at all. Could be a pretty good option.
They had the 5-20 at the hunt expo, I believe they are taking pre-orders right now. Probably have to call them.

coues32

WKR
I've been running a Sightron Slll 6x24x50 capped turrets,excellent glass, no tracking issues.
Huskemaw does lack in the clarity department.

Totoro

WKR
+1 for NF

Worry about the ounces somewhere else.

100% reliability under all conditions and circumstances is the only option.

The most important part for your eye to see is center of the reticle.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
What do you guys think about the March scopes? Seem to have the whole package but I’ve never used anything from them. Seems as though they say the glass is better than an nxs with all the tracking and without the weight.

FURMAN

WKR
What do you guys think about the March scopes? Seem to have the whole package but I’ve never used anything from them. Seems as though they say the glass is better than an nxs with all the tracking and without the weight.

I have two March scopes. They track perfectly, they have great glass, great turrets, are very durable, and of coarse are light weight. I hope to have a written review on the forum soon.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Ya they seem pretty sweet and don’t have anything going against them on paper. I wonder why they aren’t talked about a bit more... Do you like the March more than the X5 and NXS/ATACR?

FURMAN

WKR
I will probably never own an ATACR due to the weight. It is an awesome scope but not for me. I do think I like the X5 more but not enough to over come the weight penalty. I do not see myself getting rid of my X5 but my main rifle will be running a March for the foreseeable future. The X5 and March are better than my NXS in almost every way.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I will probably never own an ATACR due to the weight. It is an awesome scope but not for me. I do think I like the X5 more but not enough to over come the weight penalty. I do not see myself getting rid of my X5 but my main rifle will be running a March for the foreseeable future. The X5 and March are better than my NXS in almost every way.

And I just bought an nxs....

FURMAN

WKR
They are great scopes but they are not in the same league as the other two. It is hard not to like a scope you can drive tent stakes with. LOL!