VXR 28 and Black Gold Ascent Verdict issues?

Has anyone else had issues with this pair? I tuned my VXR, everything is perfect, bullet holes and all. Than I went to sight in and I maxed out my sight to the left and im still about 3 inches left at 10 yards. I am using the 6 inch dovetail mount as well. Has anyone had the same issue or have any ideas as to solutions? I noticed there were a few people online with the same issues but never saw a cure. I am also trying to get in touch with them but haven't heard anything back yet.

OR Archer

WKR
When tuning your bow did you set the center shot and use the top hats to tune? Or did you move the rest only?

OR Archer

WKR
Yes. You’re most likely outside of the correct center shot thus resulting in your sight being maxed out to the left.

jt4

WKR
Not exactly a VXR but my vertix and MBG sight had a similar issue. Called black gold and they immediately knew the issue. Mathews risers are thick and you may need an XL windage bar for the sight, at least that was the fix for me.

Give MBG a call they’re helpful.

Sammymusi

WKR
I was dealing with the same issue on my vxr and my pro sight. The bow shot bullet holes through paper but my windage is all the way to left. But for me I shot the bow 20 30 40 50 60 and it's dead center and I think I'm ok with leaving it but after reading on here about the top hats I may look into that.

4rcgoat

WKR
Picked up a used Halon 32 in January, after setting the center shot and doing some tuning it still wanted to shoot way left even with the sight adjusted way further than it should. Swapping the top hats around did the trick.

OR Archer

WKR
You don’t need a different windage bar. Between the 3rd axis and the sight rail is a small bracket. There’s two sets of mounting holes in that bracket. You can remove the bolts and shift the bracket left then reattach the sight rail. You will need to reset your levels after doing this.

jt4

WKR
You don’t need a different windage bar. Between the 3rd axis and the sight rail is a small bracket. There’s two sets of mounting holes in that bracket. You can remove the bolts and shift the bracket left then reattach the sight rail. You will need to reset your levels after doing this.

This is true, but also still isn't enough depending on your setup. I did this and still needed the different bar.

OR Archer

WKR
This is true, but also still isn't enough depending on your setup. I did this and still needed the different bar.
If you did that and needed a different bar I’d look at your bow tune and also your axis levels. I’ve set up countless BG sights this way on all types of bows. I’ve never had to add a wider windage bar after doing this. That just throws a red flag up to me that something else is off.

4ester

WKR
I had to do that with my Hoyt Carbon Element and Spot Hogg. That’s just where it tuned.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that poor form and not relaxing caused me to hit left as well. So as I’m getting more comfortable and my shots are breaking clean I’ve slowly been walking my sight back right again.

For what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jt4

WKR
If you did that and needed a different bar I’d look at your bow tune and also your axis levels. I’ve set up countless BG sights this way on all types of bows. I’ve never had to add a wider windage bar after doing this. That just throws a red flag up to me that something else is off.

Not trying to derail the thread, so do whatever works OP you've got a few options posted above. My setup I tried different top hats and went with what tuned the best and gave me bullet holes and chose to change the sight windage bar instead of changing top hats again.

This is what I found on my buddies traverse

Sammymusi

WKR
I actually did that on mine and it's still all the way to the left.. but I'm wondering about the top hats now something I may look in to

OP
TannerLunzman
I have found a different issue! I threw on a different nock and put my rest back to dead center and it shot bullet holes, leading me to believe the issue was stemming from my nock fit or nock pinch which was throwing me way off. Thanks for all the feedback!